Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery last weekend of a new red SS, my first Ducati. So far a loyal Triumph owner, but also have a Moto Guzzi v7ii and whilst touring in Italy with my son this summer made the mistake of visiting the Ducati factory- fell in love with the look and ergonomics of the SuperSport, watched it being built and then managed to do the man maths to make it happen. Its just the bike I was hankering after, something exciting to get my leg over before I get too old to get my leg over anything (!), but useable daily.

This forum was really helpful in letting me know what I was getting into, so thanks to everyone. Specc'd it with grab rails and heated grips, quickshifter was so addictive on the test ride I have to have it. 160 miles on it so far and counting.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome and gratz!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you're here and look forward to your contributions. Ducati factory tour is on my list. Hopefully, in the next couple years! Congrats on the bike!

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Welcome Yousif!

Pull up a chair and tell us a tale or two... Anything noteworthy to report from the SS assembly line?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we visited on the last day the factory was open before a shut down for 3 weeks- it seems they work seasonally according to general demand so we had to hotfoot it across from the UK to make the last tour appointment on 22 Sept. Production line was quite quiet anyway and the Scrambler was much in evidence as it makes up about 60% of production apparently. They were also gearing up for v4 engine production. My son works for Triumph and he said production process was very similar to theirs (i.e. bikes are basically hand built) except they work all year round with just a summer and Christmas shut down and Ducati doesn't have a moving production line, basically bikes are assembled by small teams. Nice limited edition Superleggera lying around at the exit gate, a cool 80k euro apparently.

Interesting that they chose to showcase one bike in the Ducati shop attached to the museum- a SSS in white and it was that that got me hooked, although I got the red SS on the basis that one's first Ducati should surely be red...:cool:

If you visit on your Ducati you get to park inside the factory gates- our Triumph and Moto Guzzi had to wait patiently outside...

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Interesting that they chose to showcase one bike in the Ducati shop attached to the museum- a SSS in white and it was that that got me hooked, although I got the red SS on the basis that one's first Ducati should surely be red...:cool:
Enough said. See, even Ducati themselves like the white better... >:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
No, no, no se7en. Yousif is obviously a person of superior intellect and discerning taste. The white is for the "Oooh, look! Shiny!" crowd

:grin2:

Oh, and welcome Yousif

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome and congrat

I noticed you see the world differently with your new ducati !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts