Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My name is Janis (Yanis) and I am from Raleigh, NC area.

Picking up white 2018 SuperSport S tomorrow. Can't wait :)

I been riding motorcycles on and off for last 15 years. Some bikes I owned in the past:

- 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200
- 2003 Ducati 999 (yellow, monoposto)
- 2007 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track bike)
- 2008 KTM Superduke 990
- 2015 KTM Superduke 1290 R ABS

Current bikes:

- 2017 KTM 350 EXC-F
- 2018 Ducati Supersport S (white)

Cheers :)

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome Janis and congrat

Good list of bikes with a lot of vtwin

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Janis!

You’re going to love the SS, and will find a lot passionate and knowledgeable riders here to help if any questions.

As the saying goes, “without pictures, it didn’t happen.” 😉

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Will post pics tomorrow as I take delivery.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took my SS on a first 2 day ride to the mountains. Put ~450 miles on it in 2 days. It's at 535 miles now and about to go in for 600 mile service:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Make sure the service indicator is on, it comes on at the equivalent to 1000 km not 600 (622) miles or you'll end up going back to get it turned off......

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Very nice scenery!! That 600 miles went quick! As Steve said, wait until the light is on, otherwise a return trip will be in order. Oh, and be prepared for a costly visit. Somewhere between $320-$480 US for first service. Sucks, but it is what it is...

·
Registered
105 Posts
1st Service Cost

Very nice scenery!! That 600 miles went quick! As Steve said, wait until the light is on, otherwise a return trip will be in order. Oh, and be prepared for a costly visit. Somewhere between $320-$480 US for first service. Sucks, but it is what it is...
Wow that is expensive I paid £178 for my first service which I think equates to about $235 they even altered the gear change lever and back brake within that price. They even ordered and fitted two rubbers missing from the mirrors that hadn't been fitted by the original dealer

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Wow that is expensive I paid £178 for my first service which I think equates to about $235 they even altered the gear change lever and back brake within that price. They even ordered and fitted two rubbers missing from the mirrors that hadn't been fitted by the original dealer
Yeah, us Americans are getting robbed. We have a lengthy thread about this discussion found here. Oh well, gotta pay to play, I suppose. :|

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure the service indicator is on, it comes on at the equivalent to 1000 km not 600 (622) miles or you'll end up going back to get it turned off......
Thx for advice re service light!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts