Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I joined because I'm considering buying a Supersport S - I have a '96 900 ss/sp, a '97 Monster 900 and a '99 748. So I'm interested in a 21st century Ducati (and one that isn't a superbike or a Multistrada).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi everyone. I joined because I'm considering buying a Supersport S - I have a '96 900 ss/sp, a '97 Monster 900 and a '99 748. So I'm interested in a 21st century Ducati (and one that isn't a superbike or a Multistrada).
Welcome...it sounds like the Supersport is the perfect bike for you!

·
Registered
464 Posts
not sure if any of the dealers in the city are offering test rides, but a shop down here in sunnyvale had a white supersport s that they offer demo rides on. couple miles around local roads and the freeway nearby. check out themotorcafe.com.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Whit that stable of bikes I think it would be just rude not to buy a Supersport Ss (in white) I mean why wouldn't you ?:smile2: welcome

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You definitely need a demo ride, if possible. I know that the demo bikes here in my area are now up for sale, so I suppose they are stopping that for the SS. YMMV, though.

Its fairly well accepted around here, now, that the white is the fastest, BTW. >:)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You definitely need a demo ride, if possible. I know that the demo bikes here in my area are now up for sale, so I suppose they are stopping that for the SS. YMMV, though.

Its fairly well accepted around here, now, that the white is the fastest, BTW. >:)
that's a good point, after my test ride, they said that the demo bike was available for purchase. it might not be there anymore since my test ride was a couple months ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure if any of the dealers in the city are offering test rides, but a shop down here in sunnyvale had a white supersport s that they offer demo rides on. couple miles around local roads and the freeway nearby. check out themotorcafe.com.
Thanks! I'll go check it out - I've been in there before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After almost a year, I finally bought a Supersport S - I bought a slightly used 2017 with panniers, a touring windscreen and the Akrapovic slipon. So far, I've bought her a Corbin seat, a carbon fiber front fender and rear hugger (as an homage to my '96 Supersport, which came with them) and a few other assorted gadgets, all of which I look forward to installing. So far, she's awesome but seems a little chuggy below 3K rpms.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
After almost a year, I finally bought a Supersport S - I bought a slightly used 2017 with panniers, a touring windscreen and the Akrapovic slipon. So far, I've bought her a Corbin seat, a carbon fiber front fender and rear hugger (as an homage to my '96 Supersport, which came with them) and a few other assorted gadgets, all of which I look forward to installing. So far, she's awesome but seems a little chuggy below 3K rpms.
Looks good! I've been wanting to mount up my saddle bags to see how it looks, but I've been too lazy to drill out the rear bolt holes on my tail tidy to accommodate the new mounting hardware.

are you part of any of the local DOC groups? I think Bay Area Ducati Owners Group does a first thursday of the month meet at one of the piers in SF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good! I've been wanting to mount up my saddle bags to see how it looks, but I've been too lazy to drill out the rear bolt holes on my tail tidy to accommodate the new mounting hardware.

are you part of any of the local DOC groups? I think Bay Area Ducati Owners Group does a first thursday of the month meet at one of the piers in SF.
Not anymore - when I wrote the first post a year ago, I was based in SF. I now spend most of my time in Toronto and get back about 1 week a month so tend to ride solo through the East Bay hills when I'm back. The local DOC group I used to belong to was mostly South Bay at the time so I rarely made it to their gatherings. There is a great group of Duc owners in Toronto.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Glad you finally found you an SS, jckloo. As for the lower RPM chugg, yeah, it happens. A lot of Ducs to this so it's not new...and its fixable. 14T front sprocket may do the trick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you finally found you an SS, jckloo. As for the lower RPM chugg, yeah, it happens. A lot of Ducs to this so it's not new...and its fixable. 14T front sprocket may do the trick.
Thanks! Just bought a 14T sprocket to try. My old carby Ducs don't chug like that so I was surprised. I'm glad to hear it's common.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Corbin Seat

Can you tell me what you think about the Corbin? Does it really offer that much more comfort for the price? As we all know, the SS can get pretty warm at times(less than some other Ducs in the lineup)... Does the Corbin diminish this at all? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Ed K

·
Super Moderator
7,816 Posts
Can you tell me what you think about the Corbin? Does it really offer that much more comfort for the price? As we all know, the SS can get pretty warm at times(less than some other Ducs in the lineup)... Does the Corbin diminish this at all? Thanks in advance!

@jckloo it would be great to see a pic of the Corbin on the bike too, if poss...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts