Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined
Ive had the SS since July, really enjoying it.
Extras fitted to date - Tail-tidy, LED rear indicators, Touring screen, still waiting for the heated grips (but winter is over now).
But its in desperate need of a proper exhaust, also waiting with baited breath for the SC Projects de-cat offering as a friend has one fitted to his Duc Hypermotard 939 and its awesome.

Yes, the rear view mirrors are POS and only for show !

Reactions: Ventura17SS

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Welcome and congrats. I think you may be only the second South African on the forum. Glad your here and look forward to your comments. Post up a pic or two when you have a chance. All new bikes must be properly inspected, lol. :nerd:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome

Looking forward to the banter with like minded people

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for welcome, I'm in RandparkRidge, only one Ducati dealer in Joburg
Ive had accessories on order (and paid for) for nearly 3 months and still waiting :frown2:
I like your exhaust - pity theres no significant gains :surprise:

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Ive had accessories on order (and paid for) for nearly 3 months and still waiting :frown2:
Try fire it up on Leslie they are the distributor for rapid bike and are quite lean on using their dyno. You can get around 11% improvement in hp and torque. Try that before you spend silly money on an exhaust.
Randburg is the only dealer in the country and totally monopolized the Ducati market in S.A..
My relationship ended with Ducati when I opted to import all my accessories instead of using them.. Dee dums they felt hard done to...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Welcome mate looking forward to your input, especially that now there are two of you guys. Maybe #se7en as a moderator could create a new warning icon which can pop up when #ZA_SS and #amoslws are both interacting in the same thread. Then those more sensitive northern hemisphere gentlemen :x possibly residing in France would have fair warning :grin2:

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Welcome mate looking forward to your input, especially that now there are two of you guys. Maybe #se7en as a moderator could create a new warning icon which can pop up when #ZA_SS and #amoslws are both interacting in the same thread. Then those more sensitive northern hemisphere gentlemen :x possibly residing in France would have fair warning :grin2:
Hey @Rhino you are from across the bridge (beit bridge) so you are not much different.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
If you are up for it, since we are at the same altitude I wouldn't mind a drag race to compare the akra and rapid bike EVO against a standard configuration. Perhaps when I am back on the rand in december we can have a ride up to the observatory near harties and do a test. Would be good to know if there has been any improvement after all my money spent on the sweet little SS. It would also serve well for the forum members.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
If you are up for it, since we are at the same altitude I wouldn't mind a drag race to compare the akra and rapid bike EVO against a standard configuration. Perhaps when I am back on the rand in december we can have a ride up to the observatory near harties and do a test. Would be good to know if there has been any improvement after all my money spent on the sweet little SS. It would also serve well for the forum members.
See what I mean !!!! 1st thread with 2 South Africans ...... Howzit man, Yah howzit do you want to drag race ? Yah the end. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See what I mean !!!! 1st thread with 2 South Africans ...... Howzit man, Yah howzit do you want to drag race ? Yah the end. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
@Rhino - so tell me north of Beit Bridge, you from Bamba Zonke :grin2: and now an antipodean :crying:

(gonna probably start WW3 here) For my sins I was born UK but fortunately grew up and educated in Byo :grin2: emigrated to ZA in 1977 after a few war wounds

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
@Rhino - so tell me north of Beit Bridge, you from Bamba Zonke :grin2: and now an antipodean :crying:

(gonna probably start WW3 here) For my sins I was born UK but fortunately grew up and educated in Byo :grin2: emigrated to ZA in 1977 after a few war wounds
Lol :laugh::laugh: born in the Uk ........'and part whenwe !!! This is a good combination if you want to be the fun nice guy but the Pom element means you will probably loose this drag race >:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

The Bike as it is today

Pic of the tail tidy with LED indicators

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
@Rhino - so tell me north of Beit Bridge, you from Bamba Zonke
and now an antipodean

(gonna probably start WW3 here) For my sins I was born UK but fortunately grew up and educated in Byo
emigrated to ZA in 1977 after a few war wounds
Lol
born in the Uk ........'and part whenwe !!! This is a good combination if you want to be the fun nice guy but the Pom element means you will probably loose this drag race
Ok then... game on..

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
This will be interesting...poss to record any of it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts