Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just trying to get a general idea. My local dealer wants 17500 USD OTD for the S. Seems high 0:)

MSRP for the S is 14,995 USD + local tax 6.25% = 15,932 USD. Maybe a hundred or two more for title and license. That's about... 1200 USD markup, even with MSRP :|

·
Registered
28 Posts
In Australia the supersport and the 959 panigale are the same price $19990 aud + on road costs which ads 2k to the price. We are still waiting here btw for first arrival...

Bane.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just trying to get a general idea. My local dealer wants 17500 USD OTD for the S. Seems high 0:)

MSRP for the S is 14,995 USD + local tax 6.25% = 15,932 USD. Maybe a hundred or two more for title and license. That's about... 1200 USD markup, even with MSRP :|
Maybe TX is different but in GA the sales tax is on top of MSRP, freight and setup charges. That would be just over $17k here. There's still some markup in yours obviously as you have a lower tax %. What are they charging for freight, setup and doc fees?

·
Registered
886 Posts

Don't forget freight fees to get it from customs to the dealership, and setup fees to get it out of the crate, full of fluids and inspected/prepped for riding. Depends on the dealer and manufacturer for these, expect something around $600 for freight and $300 for setup.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here's the breakdown of my bike according to my dealership...

MSRP 14,995
But according to my invoice that does include destination charge ($525), license and title ($30), administration fee ($335), then there's the sales tax of apr. $825.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Here's the breakdown of my bike according to my dealership...

MSRP 14,995
But according to my invoice that does include destination charge ($525), license and title ($30), administration fee ($335), then there's the sales tax of apr. $825.
I am feeling rather surprised at how dealerships operate in the USA. My red S cost me us$14000 and I paid extra for the "on the road" service, its registration. I think some of you guys are seriously being taken for a ride by your local dealerships. Genuinely so surprised by the actions I read on here. I don't even know if there's any recourse for you to take against them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am feeling rather surprised at how dealerships operate in the USA. My red S cost me us$14000 and I paid extra for the "on the road" service, its registration. I think some of you guys are seriously being taken for a ride by your local dealerships. Genuinely so surprised by the actions I read on here. I don't even know if there's any recourse for you to take against them.
There is recourse...wait until their supply is up and then buy. It's a game, one that I rather enjoy, that often times must be played when buying here in the US. My dealer has a brand new 2015 Speed Triple R they finally marked down to $11,995 although it may be too little to late. As long as the inventory is down and want is up, dealers will be less likely to budge on price. I had a guy yesterday telling me how I should buy his SS when I told him twice already I'd be looking for an SS S if/when I buy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Okay, there's been no movement on this thread but I see people buying bikes. What are people in the US paying for a SuperSport S?

It would be helpful to know what you're paying for the bike before tags/tax/title as those three things vary by location. I talked to my older dealer today and said their next bike was a white bike with red wheels sometime in June I think. I'm getting ready to start talking with 3 dealers to see who I can get the best deal from. I'll likely want to sell my Multi first but if I can get around $10k on trade I may just do that b/c the way GA handles taxes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay, there's been no movement on this thread but I see people buying bikes. What are people in the US paying for a SuperSport S?

It would be helpful to know what you're paying for the bike before tags/tax/title as those three things vary by location. I talked to my older dealer today and said their next bike was a white bike with red wheels sometime in June I think. I'm getting ready to start talking with 3 dealers to see who I can get the best deal from. I'll likely want to sell my Multi first but if I can get around $10k on trade I may just do that b/c the way GA handles taxes.

$14,995 which is the US MSRP for a white Supersport S. Plus tags/tax/title so around $17,000 for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just talked to two dealers (Atlanta BMW Ducati and Touring Sport in Greenville). Both gave me the same number for the white $14,995 + Freight of 295 + Setup of $550 +Doc fee of $150 + DMV fees of $158 (for being out of state if I buy from my dealer back home in SC) + $398 in taxes (getting $10,800 on trade for the Multi). Total before trade is $16,646.30 for a SS S in white. It may be a slight bit less at Atlanta BMW Ducati b/c it's in GA but they also were only talking about $10k for my trade.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I got an estimate on one. $14,999 plus $1,050 setup fee, plus $495 for admin fees, plus 10% tax which is around $1500. I've not tried to negotiate because I'm not ready to buy, but it's over $18 grand for me. If I were ready, I doubt that I'd be able to talk them into taking off a thousand dollars right now.

That's a lot of loot, so I'm gonna try to sell a bike and wait until I can find a used one or wait to find a great deal on a new one even if I have to fly and ride. At least I'd get an awesome road trip/vacation out of that one.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts