Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would somebody be so kind as to help me to understand how a rear paddock stand works with a Supersport. I can understand that it somehow has to attached to the bike before being levered upwards to lift the wheel off the ground. But how is it attached to the bike? The rear axle has a 43 mm diameter hole right through the middle so does the stand have matching pegs of that diameter? Or should the stand be somehow bolted to some other part of the bike?
Sorry to ask a naive question, but any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Most single sided swingarm stands have replaceable pins that match the different diameter holes. So, I have a pin for the left side and a different one for the right side. Install the correct size pin on the stand, slide it in the corresponding hole, then lift the bike like any other stand.

·
Registered
366 Posts
@amoslws I used the solid bar for my Scrambler and it worked well with a cheap aluminum stand. My cheap aluminum stand didn't provide enough elevation for the SS. I bought a ConStand for my SS and like being able to maneuver the SS around my garage on the casters on my stand.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts

I have this one. You have to put pin inside the center of the wheel (ofc not visible here). However mine stood one year not used becuase I didn't have enough power to use it hehe...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Most single sided swingarm stands have replaceable pins that match the different diameter holes. So, I have a pin for the left side and a different one for the right side. Install the correct size pin on the stand, slide it in the corresponding hole, then lift the bike like any other stand.

I have, like five pins for my pitbull. two for the supersport, two for the motard, and one for a speed triple that i used to have.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I picked up a Moto D stand new much less than the Pit Bull. Works great. I've changed my rear tire and dressed the chain, no problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The nice thing about the pit bull is you can raise the bike from either side allowing for different types of maintenance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts