Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wondering if those that have done this mod can report its risk in traffic and especially speed humps.
Nothing major but Ive sometimes seen 1 or 2 extra rev bars when i close the throttle, but that could also the be the ride by wire. As far as riding with it, no problems with bumps or filtering. I like how it responds very closely to my input without having to think about the slop if it existed.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I was bought up with cable throttles, clutches and brakes. So there was always a recommended amount of free play in the cable adjustments.
So I'm used to that, my Ducati has a couple of mm free play in the twistgrip and it doesnt bother me at all. But I can understand if people want zero free play then that's their choice. But the throttle adjustment whether cable of fly by wire should not be used to adjust low idle.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
But the throttle adjustment whether cable of fly by wire should not be used to adjust low idle.
Couldn't agree more, I got mine from JH Performance in Coventry. Mine has a very small amount of play left so it does not effect the idle.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,656 Posts
I was bought up with cable throttles, clutches and brakes. So there was always a recommended amount of free play in the cable adjustments.
I completely agree but the RBW twistgrip on the SS has no cables and by it's very nature it would be difficult to affect the idle and no matter how little free play, turning the bars can have no effect on the throttle.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know without the spacers there is way too much play in the throttle. Seeing the videos on you tube and posted on here,with the spacers fitted, there seems to be no play at all.

I like a small bit of play in the throttle so is a 'halfway house' achievable by fitting only one spacer? Or is there still a small bit of play with both spacers fitted?

181 - 185 of 185 Posts