Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I gave in and ordered one with a $5 discount. Hope im not disappointed. Im primarily looking for better control on really low revs and maybe with blipping
It’s been awhile, now. What’s your assessment? Did they do what you wanted them to do?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah. I liked them. I get it that you can always go thru the slop first and engage the throttle but I would mess it up during blipping. Same for starts from stop's, first moving thru the play and then get going, I would stall at times. One thing I've noticed is that even after the throttle gets to the mechanical activation point, there is still a slight turn before anything is registered by the engine. There's seems to a light slop when the ride by wire engages as well. You can check it yourself too. Roll it to the point when you hit the stop and then roll a bit further to see where exactly the rpm bar goes up.
Overall, it's still a bit much for the price but some people will like the kind of control it provides. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Here is how I did it.

2 bits of heatshrink. Cost - nothing

I already had the tri-bit screwdriver bit
Good job. Wish I had the tools for that. I had thought about using a flexible pipe. But getting all the tools would have cost me more

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I installed the spacers and I really like them! It really does make a huge change to the feel of the throttle. Some may not like the exactness and like a bit of play but I am enjoying that fine and instant control. I would recommend to anyone who's been riding a bit. If you are new you might just want to wait until you get comfy with throttling over bumps and rough patches. At low speeds it's is just a bit more sensitive. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Also put in spacers and really like them. Takes out slack in throttle but very precise control. Recommended imho

·
Registered
195 Posts
Received the kit yesterday in the post. Took me 10’ to install.

Incredible improvement... I can even say I am happy to have donated $40 to a smart and creative entrepreneur.

I know it’s been discussed at length here, but my guts tell me that this «*slop*» or «*free play*» cannot have been engineered for mechanical performance or road safety reasons. I simply don’t buy it. More likely production costs or something along that line. «*Bean counter*» type reasoning, if you know what I mean.

Before: sloppy throttle...
https://youtu.be/X4z9Jq6aY0Y

After: problem fixed!
https://youtu.be/MzPpTXjf0Ok

G

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I know it’s been discussed at length here, but my guts tell me that this «*slop*» or «*free play*» cannot have been engineered for mechanical performance or road safety reasons. I simply don’t buy it. More likely production costs or something along that line. «*Bean counter*» type reasoning, if you know what I mean.

G
Totally agree with Guillaume’s assessment above. As good as KTMs are, folks bought G2 throttle body cams in the mid-2000s to improve throttle responsiveness. The Ducati’s slop and the Panigale Spacers are neither an isolated problem nor an innovation heretofore undiscovered.

Bought, installed and enjoying around town.

Can’t tell much difference during highway blasts but that’s not where the throttle response improvement is needed anyways.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ordered these off eBay, they are up to $45.99 now, I’ll see how well they work. I’m not hating the throttle at this point, but I know I like a VERY exact throttle feel and run with almost no free play on my cable throttles, this should help.

Thanks for the discussion points in stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ordered these off eBay, they are up to $45.99 now, I’ll see how well they work. I’m not hating the throttle at this point, but I know I like a VERY exact throttle feel and run with almost no free play on my cable throttles, this should help.

Thanks for the discussion points in stuff like this.
Woah $45 is wayyyy to much for this. Someone on the forum was able to create them using multiple heat shrink sleeves. If only I had seen that before i place my order. Check the original website, they have it for cheaper rate.

https://ducatispacers.com/products/throttle-spacer-kit-all-panigale-models-plus-2017-monster-supersport-xdiavel-multistrada?variant=12342577954901

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Woah $45 is wayyyy to much for this. Someone on the forum was able to create them using multiple heat shrink sleeves. If only I had seen that before i place my order. Check the original website, they have it for cheaper rate.

https://ducatispacers.com/products/throttle-spacer-kit-all-panigale-models-plus-2017-monster-supersport-xdiavel-multistrada?variant=12342577954901
It’s fine, I’ve spent $10 extra dollars on worse things!!!!

I don’t mind “rewarding” someone get their R&D work and as someone said earlier, I don’t look at what it is but what it does. A $45 mod for my bike is one of the cheapest things I've ever done!!!

Reactions: Lambo

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought a kit of different heat shrink tubing off of amazon and used a really thick one. I didn't want to completely remove all of the slop, just the majority of it and it worked great! Can't really go wrong either way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
2000 km with these now, and Zero risk felt at this point.

Perfect throttle response in round abouts, super accurate throttle in curves and instantaneous take offs from a stop sign or traffic light, which is a real blast.

Only “negative”: moving your right hand, even slightly, on the handle (repositioning or relaxing fingers) - when above 4000 rpm - will immediately have some effect on the throttle (engine brake or acceleration). It is that responsive!

G

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Wondering if those that have done this mod can report its risk in traffic and especially speed humps.
I fitted the spacers, there is still a very small amount of play (I do mean very small) in the throttle. I do a lot of filtering in heavy traffic and it's never been a problem. I soon got used to the throttle responding that little bit quicker, once the throttle is open the mod becomes irrelevant. It's a nice little mod for very little outlay, some reports put it as revolutionary, it's not. I like the mod and don't even think about the earlier throttle response anymore.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts