Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game changer. No more cold start clutch unpredictability and much better feel modulating the clutch all around. Not to mention it looks incredible.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Wait, what are those rocks doing on your seat? Haha;)

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
@AJ939ss btw, emojis from your phone keyboard wont work on this Forum; only the emojis from the Forum’s system will post correctly.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Im probably jealous of your snowboard so we are even. 🙂
I'm not jealous, summer has not even started and it's 35°C. TBH it just gets too [email protected] hot nowadays. I only work on the bikes from 5am to 10am, beyond that is unbearable. Riding midday is just madness, so the best time time for a spin is after peak hours between 9:00-11:30.
I can only recall one other Aussie doing the hydraulic clutch conversion, I priced it and I couldn't pursuade myself to go ahead with the conversion. I guess some day when the cable goes I will likely kick myself for not doing it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very interesting to learn that this solves the issue with the snatchy clutch when cold....were no other changes made at the same time?

If this really does sort the issue then I might me purchasing this kit too.

Matt

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
It crazy how different our climates are. We are at 35F, at the moment, lol.
34° today and I'm in all leathers. Testing the 14T over a few hundred km's.
Stopped for a pitstop at hooters for a beer, everyone else is in shorts thinking I'm nuts in the leathers. A little secret is the ducati cool down suit. Haven't even taken off the jacket whilst having a beer. Best biking investment I ever made is the cool down one piece.
Still undecided on the 14T, but whipping around traffic is good.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,631 Posts
Very interesting to learn that this solves the issue with the snatchy clutch when cold....were no other changes made at the same time?

Matt
At the cost of it I'll live with the snatchy clutch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Cable lubricant

Firstly my cable is fine... Anyway at some point it will need some lube, what do you guys suggest. There's possibly some stuff out there now that wasn't around years ago. It's been a long time since I have a cable clutch and I'm totally out of sorts on what's available.
On the other hand, does the SS cable have a nylon sheath surrounding the cable.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Firstly my cable is fine... Anyway at some point it will need some lube, what do you guys suggest. There's possibly some stuff out there now that wasn't around years ago. It's been a long time since I have a cable clutch and I'm totally out of sorts on what's available.
On the other hand, does the SS cable have a nylon sheath surrounding the cable.
I don't think you will ever need to lube the cable...but that's just me. Well, maybe in 15 more years...but at that point, just replace it with new and move on.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,631 Posts
Yes, modern cables a nylon lined and shouldn't need lubricating.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Matt
Hi Matt sorry for responding So late missed this; yes that was the only mod at that time and the snatchy clutch is gone for good. That alone was worth the conversion for me as my cold morning start would be in my buildings garage where I need to maneuver the bike around a handful of cars on a pretty slippery surface; worst time for an unpredictable snatchy clutch so I’m happy. Plus she looks a lot prettier now which was an added bonus and the clutch pull is much lighter as well on my torn tendon in my clutch arm so was a win win all around 🙂. To those that don’t have the snatchy clutch issues on cold starts you lucked out mine was terrible from day 1 and unfortunately did not improve as the cable broke in.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
34° today and I'm in all leathers...A little secret is the ducati cool down suit. Haven't even taken off the jacket whilst having a beer. Best biking investment I ever made is the cool down one piece...
+1 for the cooldown suit. Mid thirties (C) here and I've been wearing the cooldown under my new leathers (based on Amos's recommendation). Unbelievable. And I can't believe how much easier it is to get the leathers on and ( more importantly) off.

Thanks for the tip, Amos.

·
Registered
944 Posts
+1 for the cooldown suit. Mid thirties (C) here and I've been wearing the cooldown under my new leathers (based on Amos's recommendation). Unbelievable. And I can't believe how much easier it is to get the leathers on and ( more importantly) off.

Thanks for the tip, Amos.
34° today and I'm in all leathers. Testing the 14T over a few hundred km's.
Stopped for a pitstop at hooters for a beer, everyone else is in shorts thinking I'm nuts in the leathers. A little secret is the ducati cool down suit. Haven't even taken off the jacket whilst having a beer. Best biking investment I ever made is the cool down one piece.
Still undecided on the 14T, but whipping around traffic is good.
I have some questions about this so gonna start a new thread.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts