Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I want to buy the Ilmberger carbon exhaust cover but they only listed them under 939 and the model 950 is not yet on their website. I checked the part numbers between 939 and 950 and it turns out the last digit is incremented. I am now skeptical if they are compatible between the 939 and 950. Anyone already bought the ilmberger carbon exhaust cover? Any feedbacks would be appreciated..
In the below snapshot, item # 3 and 4 are the part numbers for Supersport 950. The part numbers for Supersport 939 are differing in last 2 digits and is "1A"

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have not fitted these, but can confirm that having had a 939 and now a 950, the two exhaust 'cans' are the same on both bikes.

If you are considering getting the carbon fibre chain guard and/or hugger too, they are exactly the same on both bikes; I took both of them off the 939 and put them on the 950.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply ! Ilmberger contacted me over email and they are analyzing and will update their website with 950 S model too.
Any parts not matching, they said will be produced by Autumn.

the part numbers are different and usually the part numbers are different only if they dont fit with each other. Even a centimeter difference in the screw hole distance will warrant a new part number. I will wait for Ilmberger to try it on S 950 and give me a feedback and then place the order :) i like the matt black ones and want to place the order soon...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to confirm Triplesapper's note, I bought a set of used 939 Ilmberger gloss exhaust covers for my 950, and everything matched perfectly. They look great, and I'm sure the add 5-10 hp... :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, they do fit & look great. Enjoy! (y)

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to confirm Triplesapper's note, I bought a set of used 939 Ilmberger gloss exhaust covers for my 950, and everything matched perfectly. They look great, and I'm sure the add 5-10 hp... :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, they do fit & look great. Enjoy! (y)

John
Hmm interesting...if this is the case, then i will go ahead and order already instead of waiting for their red tape to be cleared. By the way, i am assuming you are being funny with the 5-10 hp point ? :p
I will buy the Matte ones as i have white model. Wonder how they will look like...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts