Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
@tea2jay
Regarding the swing arm cover. Where does it bolt on. Is the abs sensor cable track still on afterwards or is it removed. Do you have some shots of the mounts for the swing arm cover.🤘

Sorry for the late reply. Haven’t been in as often as before.

Swing arm cover is attached via double sided tape. Not preferable, but it looks sexy. It’s tough to get aligned correctly though. There’s a corner where the tape would not stay down because I didn’t line it up 100%. However, it’s one there nice and tight still.

·
Registered
461 Posts
HI @tea2jay, can you tell me how this attaches to the swingarm? The Ilmberger website states says it's a "direct replacement for the original component and contributes mainly to weight saving on the motorcycle (up to 70% less) and a higher stiffness of the parts." I'm a bit confused exactly what direct replacement, it seems like a cover overlay of the existing swing arm, right? Thx in adv.
The swingarm cover is just that, a cover that attaches via double sided 3m tape. The tape is already applied to the backside. Need to take time and align it properly though.

The long rear fender uses factory mounting locations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After seeing how it is and reading the bellypan comments on the red SS, I think I can not resist much longer
I love the piece and I will opt for the glossy finish

·
Registered
26 Posts
With regards to the cat bolts for the Ilmberger belly pan installation, can you just unscrew the 4 cat bolts without cat hitting the deck?

181 - 187 of 187 Posts