Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Was able to pull the bike out of the garage and put on the long rear fender and swing arm cover. Looks good and I like the extension on the rear fender, though I don’t think it will off that much more protection than the standard fender when it comes to riding in the wet.

Fit is nice, but there is a small amount of overlap where the swing arm cover and rear fender come in contact.

Full side photo in my build thread
Ducati 939 Supersport Forum
Looks most excellent!

The red wheels especially:smile2:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I received my long hugger (gloss) from Ilmberger. I am impressed by the quality, and so light... Tomorrow, assembly on my motorcycle. If everything goes well, the list of carbon parts risk to lengthen
:)

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I received my long hugger (gloss) from Ilmberger. I am impressed by the quality, and so light... Tomorrow, assembly on my motorcycle. If everything goes well, the list of carbon parts risk to lengthen
:)
you should check motocomposites for pricing before you buy from ilmbeger. Same factory makes the stuff except motocomposites is much cheaper, problem I foresee is delivery time because I have taken most of their stock. Oh check them all for stock via email before you click "BUY"

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm wondering if the bellypan will increase the heat from the exhaust system even more? It certainly looks as if it reduces the airflow around the cat.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I'm wondering if the bellypan will increase the heat from the exhaust system even more? It certainly looks as if it reduces the airflow around the cat.
It's open at the back and front of the cat. Only covers a small percentage of the cat box on the sides.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
It's open at the back and front of the cat. Only covers a small percentage of the cat box on the sides.
It might keep outward radiated heat from going outward, thus, forcing it upward, increasing upward radiated heat a bit more. Probably not a lot, but it is a possibility. It wouldn’t stop me from buying it if I so chose, though.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
It might keep outward radiated heat from going outward, thus, forcing it upward, increasing upward radiated heat a bit more. Probably not a lot, but it is a possibility. It wouldn’t stop me from buying it if I so chose, though.
I thought you'd have been at the queues front for the CW. Are you sticking with the cat for regulations reasons. That CW is a nice kit. If I didn't have the akra race I will have put the CW on. I was hoping for more from sc project but they have failed us all.
Back to the topic, agreed some radiation will be directed upwards. I live in a warm climate and the heat never bothered me but I do tend to ride open road albeit in the city. I haven't experienced the gripe of many in here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
More concerned about the ground clearance of the bellypan with the stories of grounding out both sides of the cat.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I thought you'd have been at the queues front for the CW. Are you sticking with the cat for regulations reasons. That CW is a nice kit. If I didn't have the akra race I will have put the CW on.
I like the CW, but if I were to buy one right now, it would probably be a QD, but I flip back and forth occasionally. I'm not convinced I need one quite yet, however. I actually like the quiet svelte sound of the stock system. The older I get, the more I dislike loud systems. I'm a fence rider right now, I quess...lol.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
This is a call out for those who have the Ilmberger extended rear hugger, if you've rode in the rain did it offer better protection than OEM.
Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
This is a call out for those who have the Ilmberger extended rear hugger, if you've rode in the rain did it offer better protection than OEM.
Thanks...
I thought I read where it did not. Or was that for the other one that screws on...I can't remember.

As I get older, the CRS disease gets worse. (deep sigh)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've ordered it on eBay and got it within 2 days, well happy even tho it's so expensive for a bit of plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Ilmberger initially sent me two left covers, I received the right side today. There seems to be a glitch in their measurements. In the pics is the original issue with the hooks visible on the right side but the left is a perfect fit.. actually better than the blueish black plastic OEM ones. My plastics were all going a blueish black colour from the heat and UV we had this past summer.

So after a dismount and some permanent pen marker the sight of the right side is a lot better.

While I was at it, I changed the bolt to a more industrial look. They look similar in the pic but this one looks more manly.. haha.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Ok...first of all, that flat carbon looks AWESOME!!

Secondly, I don't know that I like the right side. Left looks great, right no so much. So, you're plans are to keep it and live with it, I suppose?

141 - 160 of 187 Posts