Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
This is a call out for those who have the Ilmberger extended rear hugger, if you've rode in the rain did it offer better protection than OEM.
Thanks...
Recently I ran in the rain, it would seem that there are fewer projections on the shock absorber (level regulation constraint), but I would say that it is to be confirmed.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Ok...first of all, that flat carbon looks AWESOME!!

Secondly, I don't know that I like the right side. Left looks great, right no so much. So, you're plans are to keep it and live with it, I suppose?
I can live with it. As seen in the pic, after I coloured the hooks with permanent marker pen they are now hardly noticable.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I thought I read where it did not. Or was that for the other one that screws on...I can't remember.

As I get older, the CRS disease gets worse. (deep sigh)
I have given up trying and just accept CRS is no longer a burden and has become a pleasure. I am surrounded by a$$holes most of my day so CRS helps a lot.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ilmberger initially sent me two left covers, I received the right side today. There seems to be a glitch in their measurements. In the pics is the original issue with the hooks visible on the right side but the left is a perfect fit.. actually better than the blueish black plastic OEM ones. My plastics were all going a blueish black colour from the heat and UV we had this past summer.

So after a dismount and some permanent pen marker the sight of the right side is a lot better.

While I was at it, I changed the bolt to a more industrial look. They look similar in the pic but this one looks more manly.. haha.
Just wanting to confirm.. this is in carbon matt finish and not the gloss?

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Just wanting to confirm.. this is in carbon matt finish and not the gloss?
Yup it's the matt plain weave. My guess is your going for the gloss. Regardless, because the coating is done after the autoclave. I have emailed them suggesting a product improvement so perhaps yours will be fine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Was able to pull the bike out of the garage and put on the long rear fender and swing arm cover. Looks good and I like the extension on the rear fender, though I don’t think it will off that much more protection than the standard fender when it comes to riding in the wet.

Fit is nice, but there is a small amount of overlap where the swing arm cover and rear fender come in contact.

Full side photo in my build thread
Ducati 939 Supersport Forum
HI @tea2jay, can you tell me how this attaches to the swingarm? The Ilmberger website states says it's a "direct replacement for the original component and contributes mainly to weight saving on the motorcycle (up to 70% less) and a higher stiffness of the parts." I'm a bit confused exactly what direct replacement, it seems like a cover overlay of the existing swing arm, right? Thx in adv.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Still waiting on my extended rear fender before I can install my swing arm / chain guard cover. The swing arm cover is applied via double sided tape, and it over laps the edge of the stock rear fender. So definitely need to wait for that to come in before final fitment of the swing arm cover

Also, there are about 7 bolts I think for the lower fairing cover. With the CW exhaust, only 3 bolts lined up. There supposed to be 2 bolts per side that bolt into the exhaust hangers. Only 1 of 2 on both sides fit because the angle of the exhaust hangers changed after installing the CW exhaust. They also include 2 carbon fiber L brackets, 1 for each side, and neither lined up. Not sure if this is a result of the CW exhaust or not. That said, brackets could easily be made to make all bolts fit, but they may not be necessary. It feels like it is adequately attached and while the fit isn’t 100% perfect, it fits ok enough. The left side of the bike sticks out a hair to much because the lack of the L bracket, but it’s not terrible. The empty bolt holes bother me the most.

@tea2jay
Regarding the swing arm cover. Where does it bolt on. Is the abs sensor cable track still on afterwards or is it removed. Do you have some shots of the mounts for the swing arm cover.🤘

·
Registered
476 Posts
Due to not knowing if I want gloss or matt I’ve not got bike yet. Some parts I like in gloss and others look too plastic . Some I like in matt but some look to dull lol... spending over 30k so I’m waiting to get it all correct b4 ordering bike as I’m putting all changes straight away one go. I think by photos yours looked good.

Reactions: amoslws

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Due to not knowing if I want gloss or matt I’ve not got bike yet. Some parts I like in gloss and others look too plastic . Some I like in matt but some look to dull lol... spending over 30k so I’m waiting to get it all correct b4 ordering bike as I’m putting all changes straight away one go. I think by photos yours looked good.
I look forward to the outcome when you're done with it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks & i’m hoping to change every accessory I possibly can. besides all white body parts and red frame nothing will be from factory..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really would like to have the belly pan but i think it’s a bit overprised. Any of you guys know if there are any other manufacturer ? Still got the stock exhaust and i think i will keep it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was thinking that the matte belly pan would be a better match with my white matte fairings. But now I am thinking that since it'll pick up so much road grime (my catalyzer udder thing is almost all black!) would it be harder to clean than the gloss? I would think so....right?

I cleaned my matte white fairings this past weekend and was pleasant surprised how well it cleaned (using a very expensive detail kit). Can I expect the same ease to clean with a matte belly pan?

161 - 180 of 187 Posts