Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have only ever owned Triumph triples but always had a yearning for a Ducati. I found them too uncomfortable, especially at my age, until I road tested a Supersport S and I traded in my Speed Triple R on the spot. Only clocked up 150 miles so far and desperate to get past the break in period. What a lovely bike.

Z

·
Registered
39 Posts
It really is an amazing bike. Before this I've only owned Kawasaki, these things are on another level. I traded in a Ninja 650 for mine and haven't regretted it once. Don't forget to post some pictures!

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Have only ever owned Triumph triples but always had a yearning for a Ducati. I found them too uncomfortable, especially at my age, until I road tested a Supersport S and I traded in my Speed Triple R on the spot. Only clocked up 150 miles so far and desperate to get past the break in period. What a lovely bike.Z
You went a step further than some of the early members of this forum, we bought one without even having the opportunity of a road test because the bike had not been released to market, that's impulse buying, purely on the specs and looks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
White is gorgeous but it had to be red. Only had it two days. New exhaust flapper motor at 50 miles (grrr! but can't fault my dealership service). Removed rear pegs, dismantled exhaust and re-assembled with Coppaslip. Getting false neutrals at 5th & 6th, but can't find neutral when I want it, so adjusted DQS to drop lever by 6mm. Another 450 miles before first service after which I sure it'll improve.

Z

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
White is gorgeous but it had to be red. Only had it two days. New exhaust flapper motor at 50 miles (grrr! but can't fault my dealership service). Removed rear pegs, dismantled exhaust and re-assembled with Coppaslip. Getting false neutrals at 5th & 6th, but can't find neutral when I want it, so adjusted DQS to drop lever by 6mm. Another 450 miles before first service after which I sure it'll improve.

Z
Very nice. Not sure that I know what Coppaslip is...?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Copaslip is a term used to refer to a heavy copper based grease that's used as an anti seize compound, a thin smear is often used on the back of brake pads to prevent squeal.

Lots of people make it, I'm sure it must be used widely in the USA?
Molyslip

But back to the bike, good choice. I've done over the running in mileage now and able to give it death! It's my first Ducati and the more I ride it the more I love this bike.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have only ever owned Triumph triples but always had a yearning for a Ducati. I found them too uncomfortable, especially at my age, until I road tested a Supersport S and I traded in my Speed Triple R on the spot. Only clocked up 150 miles so far and desperate to get past the break in period. What a lovely bike.

Z
Welcome and congrats - the more you ride it, the more you'll love it :smile2::smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts