Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Derek @Rhino @Muzzlightbeer

This is Derek's post from somewhere... I've gone dizzy going back and forth reading the various posts on this install to the point where i just may pay someone . HOWEVER , I have time , a garage and most tools ( Lambda sensor remover notwithstanding) .

Anyway, is it worth trying to install as per Derek's suggestion ? (Post 904) from Termignoni Exhaust .

"I'm not sure what you're asking @Ed K but if I was fitting it again I'd ignore the fitting instructions that came with the Termi system and remove the front header instead of struggling with the rear one. This would save the hassle of struggling with the heat shields, the lambda sensor and the 3 nuts holding the rear header to the cylinder head and also the issue of barely enough clearance against the swinging arm to get the Termi mid section over the front header pipe. It would need the exhaust servo motor removed and the oil cooler moved out of the way but I don't think that's a big deal."

·
Registered
83 Posts
Y’know what? He may have something there.

I did finally get the Termi installed and found another way to ignore the instructions, also avoiding removing the O2 sensors.

I‘ll post a video of it soon.

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
A few Members have installed Delkevic…

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok. End result was that I followed the instructions . Mostly. Used the Werkes exhaust installation video a few times ( actually QUITE a few times.).
Read thru all the posts. Contacted members privately, thks guys.
@Muzzlightbeer was silly enough to give me his phone number so I had video help. @Sprint1500 helped with the UpMap and others just helped.

I really thought hard about loosening front headers, but didn't want to be the first. No video or interwebs help.
Sooo.
I had issues with removing 4 mm Allen bolt on the inner shield Rounded it. Now know how. ( Hammer in a Torx). Removing that shield would have saved me hours of labour. IF you go down muzzi's route of bent spanner, it has to be measured as to degree of bend at what length. Needless to say, mine was pathetic.
ALSO, use a slim spanner. Bahco or Sidchrome work at 3 times the price.

I had to undo brake reservoir bolts and clutch cable bits to get at the rhs header bolt more easily. If the inner shield was off this may not have to do so. Removing these bits were simple. Much more easy than removing oil reservoir to get at front header?
Anyway, I would recommend NOT STRUGGLING for 2 hrs to drop the cat. Hacksaw blade took 5 minutes. Vertical pipe dropped easily, after hours of trying to remove horizontal. Hence the saw

Then tried to interpret Termi instructions instructions. Thankfully my brains trust was available and Muzzi showed me how it attached on his bike via video

My lightbulb momentwas after reading @Rhino advice about wriggle, wriggle , stab pizza boxes etc. Morrison must be feeling ill by now....
Anyway I used lithium grease and spray on the headers and pipe got out my little engine lift (AUD 95) and nudged it in. Took 5 minutes . Finally a win.😁

About 1 hour to attach springs, tighten header . 30 mins to attach loosened brake and clutch cable bits and replace fairing.

I reckon anyone can do this if I could and use this forums help. 4 hrs if all goes well .

The following videos were invaluable.
Fairing remova
Exhaust removal ( Comp Werkes install video

Muzzilightbeer's lightbulb moment

Engine lift

Definitely try the bent spanner trick from LHS, if you attack from RHS you will need a 17 mm Lambda socket ,( $12) and the lambda cable holders pull out, don't cut them.

Using UpMap means the Termi extra bits on exhaust sensor cable aren't needed.

If anyone is thinking about it I could try and post a video.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts