Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my Ducati SS a while back and have been living with the scratches as they are not a huge deal. I can across a good price on the top piece where the headlight is connected which is the most scratched piece on my bike. I am curious on how much effort this would take to remove and install?

I am not very savy when it comes to fixing things so I am curious if anyone has instructions on how to do this or in general how much of a task this would be.

Picture below to the piece I am referring to:

Red Luggage and bags Hobo bag Bag Carmine

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Good video 👍 Had to turn the sound off after a minute though - bloody annoying music 😠

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Thanks for that. I thought I might have to take the front fairing off to replace a the clutch lever safety switch. This gives quite a bit of it. I think the fasteners were removed but the nose fairing still would need to be "un-snapped".

As for the clutch switch, it has no connection on the clutch lever. You have to plug the pigtail in behind the steering head (I think). Luckily, I was able to fix the tab striker to the switch.

I have a replacement switch I got from ebay. And will offer it free (minus shipping costs). I'd hate for anyone to be riding and not be able to start the bike on the road looking for neutral. Contact me if you need one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts