Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I use a scottoiler on mine. Automatically dispenses one drop of oil every 60 seconds. You can adjust the timing. The oil appears to be gear oil or ATF, similar consistency and tack.

We have one on order for the ZX14R, first thing Chris asked for when I explained how I maintain my bike.
Had a Scottoiler on a GSXR 600 - great bit of kit.

Can you share some photos of where you have installed the oil reservoir, the routing of the tubing from the reservoir to the dispenser pipe and the mounting point of the dispenser pipe at the sprocket - thanks.

Is it an electric kit or the vacuum dispenser one?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Reactions: NothingClever

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Had a Scottoiler on a GSXR 600 - great bit of kit.

Can you share some photos of where you have installed the oil reservoir, the routing of the tubing from the reservoir to the dispenser pipe and the mounting point of the dispenser pipe at the sprocket - thanks.

Is it an electric kit or the vacuum dispenser one?
Have a look at this post: Scottoiler

I went for the top electronic version, I like the idea of being able to change the flow rate from the riding position.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have X-system mounted on the left side of the engine. First I had it attached to the coolant hose, and later in slightly cooler place on the black plastic fin 30cm back. Pics of the original setup are on Scottoiler support page: Supersport 937 (2017 >)

I have the dispenser tube hidden behind the rear sprocket.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I use this and or Motul chain grease.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The FortNine kid convinced me, Gear Lube.

After I tried it, I've never gone back to chain lube.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
A paddock stand makes short work of chain maintenance at home. This gadget makes is easy for one person while on the road easier. snapjack

Since we each have our own SSS, this gadget is worthwhile and it works.

Reactions: DucatiKat

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Nope, still here. Been very busy with work (from home) and have not spent much time on the forum. All good here in Tulsa.

·
Registered
25 Posts
O-ring chains don't need lubricant for the moving bits, and since they're sealed you can't lubricate them anyway. The only case for lubricating the chain is to prevent corrosion of the chain body. When you do lube it, be sure to wipe it down well so it doesn't splatter all over your wheel.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts