Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I posted on this before but was wondering if this is the right part. Like before, I mentioned my exhaust note went quieter. The performance DID NOT change but it sounded so good before. Especially the “backfiring” when down shifting coming to a stop. I found this part and was wondering a few things.

1. Is this the right part to get my bike to do what it did? 2. Is it an easy install? (Any videos here or YouTube) 3. Any warranty issues when I take it in for service?

Here’s the part. http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=263687498619&category=96382&pm=1&ds=0&t=1564147641000&ver=0&cspheader=1

Thank you in advance.

AG

·
Registered
439 Posts
Are you still under warranty? if so id take it to the dealer and mention your concern. if the exhaust valve is stuck closed unplugging it and swapping in a resistor is not gonna help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called the dealer and they said, “If it’s not throwing a code, I’m fine.” I just think there is something wrong because at first it sounded really good. Now it’s quieter. Performance is still good. Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Hey all, I posted on this before but was wondering if this is the right part. Like before, I mentioned my exhaust note went quieter. The performance DID NOT change but it sounded so good before. Especially the “backfiring” when down shifting coming to a stop. I found this part and was wondering a few things.

1. Is this the right part to get my bike to do what it did? 2. Is it an easy install? (Any videos here or YouTube) 3. Any warranty issues when I take it in for service?

Here’s the part. eBay

Thank you in advance.

AG
The exhaust butterfly valve failure will give an engine light and DTC code.
Healtech is allegedly a more reliable brand and products.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The exhaust butterfly valve failure will give an engine light and DTC code.
Healtech is allegedly a more reliable brand and products.
Yeah but if he is just looking for the sound and not the weight loss he could just disconnect the servo from the exhaust flap. However none of this would not solve the . I had it now it's gone mystery. This may be a relevant read https://www.ducatisupersport939.net/forum/634-service-maintenance/17080-exhaust-flap-mechanism-maintenance.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked the other post regarding this and I’m still confused. Bike seems quieter and I’m not throwing a code. It’s under warranty and Ducati said if it’s not throwing a code, not to worry about it.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I checked the other post regarding this and I’m still confused. Bike seems quieter and I’m not throwing a code. It’s under warranty and Ducati said if it’s not throwing a code, not to worry about it.
There are hidden codes and dashboard evident codes. Buy an Obd II reader and DDA can cable.
If you feel spending money on an exhaust butterfly bypass will solve your issue, I've heard those servo buddy's in your link don't last long, the healtech is a better brand (only what I've read and heard).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts