Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have now done 520 miles and everything is starting to loosen up and I'm well use to the bike. Have started to take it up to 8000 rpm and it's a pocket rocket and the Akra is starting to sound better. The harder you push it the better it handles, the Ohlins come into there own. The only thing that annoys me is the green warning light on the dash for the day running lights. It in the top left corner next to the green turn signal light and I keep thinking I have left the turn signal on.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The only thing that annoys me is the green warning light on the dash for the day running lights. It in the top left corner next to the green turn signal light and I keep thinking I have left the turn signal on.
I noticed that green light as well and also find it annoying. Since it's on all the time maybe you could remove the bulb?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Probably could remove the bulb as I doubt it's necessary at all. For the time being, perhaps just cut out a little bit of electrical tape and slap it on there?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Probably could remove the bulb as I doubt it's necessary at all. For the time being, perhaps just cut out a little bit of electrical tape and slap it on there?
:D Old-school solutions for a new-school world.

PhilB

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Check the electrical diagram on the last printed page of the owners manual and find the wire that sends the signal to the dash, and then do as you wish. I would not be opening the dash in case of warranty issues. From my experience there are a lot of control IC's in modern dashes and you could easily short two or more pins on an IC and OOOPS you got trouble. Furthermore, I doubt it's a bulb. It is likely to be a surface mounted LED.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think if you disconnect it you'll get another warning light on the dash. You could just hit the light switch I think it's off when the headlights are on. I think perhaps the high tech option is a good choice, insulating tape.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I think if you disconnect it you'll get another warning light on the dash. You could just hit the light switch I think it's off when the headlights are on. I think perhaps the high tech option is a good choice, insulating tape.
The DRL can be turned off permanently in the settings menu, frankly i see no problem with a little green light reminding me I am tearing up the tar with DRL's that look like angry eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts