Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Welcome.
What made you go for the SS The RSVR is a serious machine, always liked it but they lose book value quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am picking up a white one in the next week if all the accessories I have ordered come in from Italy.

I have just found out that the £800+ panniers that I ordered on Friday cannot be locked onto the bike with the ignition key?
They supply separate keys for that?
Also to lock the panniers up once they are on the bike you have to provide your own padlock?

You would think for this money this should be covered?

I have looked online and I can get a throw over one from that manufacturer called Oxford for £69.00!!
They don't look bad either so I am going to cancel this part of my order tomorrow.
This also means I won't have to have the ugly fixing bars fitted either, win, win situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Ducati Multistrada Enduro fully loaded that I am reluctantly selling because it's so heavy and a bugger to get in my garage.
I test rode a Supersport S last weekend and I have never ever rode a bike like it and hopefully I have now found the perfect bike for me.
I am 60yrs young, started biking in about 1974, bought a brand new Yamaha RD200 then traded it in for a Kawasaki KH400 when I passed my bike test. Reluctantly sold my bike in about 1979 to buy a van for work.

Got back into biking in 2013 I have had the following bikes:

1. GSXR 600 K8 (bought it with 125 miles on the clock, demonstrator that hadn't been shifted) traded in for
2. GSXS 1000 (didn't like the steering on motorway runs) traded in for
3. Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100 (what a bike but I would have caused myself serious damage if I had have kept it)
4. Ducati Multistrada Enduro

I really hope I chosen right this time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Following onto another post I read about the lack of Ducati's in Italy.

I return from a family holiday around Lake Como in late August, we drove over through France and I also couldn't believe the lack of Ducati's on the roads?

Loads of GS1200's & KTM's didn't see one Multistrada for two and a half weeks?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome lads.
I love the Aprilia RSVR Factory,but I've found myself not using it as far too focused for the road,trackdays it can't be beaten, but for the road its ridiculous.
took the Supersport Demo out and loved it

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I really hope I chosen right this time.
You have made the right decision. This bike seems to be the end all for most of us. Some have nit pics and small niggles here and there, but for the most part, we all really love the bike. The great press that it received was warranted, it seems. It's just a great do it all bike. Congrats.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am picking up a white one in the next week if all the accessories I have ordered come in from Italy.

I have just found out that the £800+ panniers that I ordered on Friday cannot be locked onto the bike with the ignition key?
They supply separate keys for that?
Also to lock the panniers up once they are on the bike you have to provide your own padlock?

You would think for this money this should be covered?

I have looked online and I can get a throw over one from that manufacturer called Oxford for £69.00!!
They don't look bad either so I am going to cancel this part of my order tomorrow.
This also means I won't have to have the ugly fixing bars fitted either, win, win situation.

Hi mate,do you have the link for the Oxford throw overs ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts