Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
2018 Supersport S and 2020 Monster 1200 S
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,
Dropping a line to say "Hi" from sunny Australia. 馃憢
It's been a year of owning my first Ducati, she's got me hooked on that V-Twin grin 馃榿 Star white Silk 2018 S model, full Akra, tail tidy, the lot - one sophisticated lady.
Since getting her she has got me a job and she also now has a friend in the garage by way of a 2020 Monster 1200 S.
19,000km's in 12mths - still feeling the Honeymoon giddiness.

Not online much but always up for a chat,
R

Administrator
@Minu Welcome! Very glad you joined us! Lots of folks from Australia here, that will likely chime in soon.

Registered
Welcome Minu (y)

Reactions: Minu

Registered
@Minu welcome. I am in SEQ but not sunny at the moment... full on rain but we need it in the tanks anyway.

You have the exact model I have, and just beat me for number of ks. The honeymoon feeling still hasn't warn off either. I still just go into the garage to just look at him.

This forum is excellent, so even if you're not an online type, make sure to spend time on here in any case... there is so much to learn and great help from everyone.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, there Muzz,
Im up at the sunny coast of Coffs :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Minu welcome. I am in SEQ but not sunny at the moment... full on rain but we need it in the tanks anyway.

You have the exact model I have, and just beat me for number of ks. The honeymoon feeling still hasn't warn off either. I still just go into the garage to just look at him.

This forum is excellent, so even if you're not an online type, make sure to spend time on here in any case... there is so much to learn and great help from everyone.
Thanks Boe,
We've only just got the sun from yesterday arvo. Time to ride:ROFLMAO:
Im around the Coffs Coast. Would love to hear about your baby, compare the feeling from a guys perspective. I've tweaked mine a little to suit my smallness.
Once tried taking the baffles out too, bad idea! Noisier than a metal concert.

Registered
N
Thanks Boe,
We've only just got the sun from yesterday arvo. Time to ride:ROFLMAO:
Im around the Coffs Coast. Would love to hear about your baby, compare the feeling from a guys perspective. I've tweaked mine a little to suit my smallness.
Once tried taking the baffles out too, bad idea! Noisier than a metal concert.
Nice part of the country! I am small too, so did the following and the bike fits me perfectly now:
  • Pazzo shorty levers with adjustable reach, and I use the #3 setting
  • Low seat, Ducati's
  • Suspension set up by Dave Moss, and less preload made a huge difference to getting more of my feet on the ground
It's so comfy I can ride all day. Getting used to the balance and doing lots of slow speed car park practice also makes the height less of an issue. It feels very natural now, even when I have to stop on an off camber road and can only get one toe down.

No performance mods... exhaust noise is HIGHLY policed here in SEQ and I love the stock sound anyway.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

What tweaks did you make @Minu ?

Reactions: Oldrider

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pic!

I have thought about the low seat - I cheat and wear 1" heals in my boots (Rjay Bella).
Stock levers, I two finger the front brake and hold the bars wide so that works. The clutch was a little far so I have a spacer in there to stop the lever going to far.
I have the suspension set for me too - not the best for a pillion but I keep the rear cowl on my seat anyway :giggle:

I just got back from a 4hr round trip, still feeling like going further so yes, you're more than right - Sport Touring FTW!
Working at a bike shop and commuting 5 days (and joyriding on the weekend) is heaps of practice. I've done all weather on this girl and my old CBR500 (she was a good bike too, like the SSS light version).

Pity you couldn't get the Akro system, the sound great and the weight saving from getting rid of the CAT makes just enough of a difference. To be honest though, its the pops and burbles when I roll of the throttle that I like the most.

Oh, also have:
  • Ducati Performance Tail tidy
  • Rizoma red bar ends - removed brake lever guard when I bought it - looked dicky
  • quad lock (just like yours) with usb cable
  • I also have my screen painted black - she had bubbles from the original owner using brake cleaner on the plastic and it bugged my sense of tidyness

What are some good roads up there?

Nice part of the country! I am small too, so did the following and the bike fits me perfectly now:
  • Pazzo shorty levers with adjustable reach, and I use the #3 setting
  • Low seat, Ducati's
  • Suspension set up by Dave Moss, and less preload made a huge difference to getting more of my feet on the ground
It's so comfy I can ride all day. Getting used to the balance and doing lots of slow speed car park practice also makes the height less of an issue. It feels very natural now, even when I have to stop on an off camber road and can only get one toe down.

No performance mods... exhaust noise is HIGHLY policed here in SEQ and I love the stock sound anyway.

View attachment 44243

What tweaks did you make @Minu ?

Registered
Have you had issues with the local,constabulary? I鈥檝e never had my bike鈥檚 volume questioned here on the Sunny Coast. And there are plenty of horribly loud / raucous Harleys around, so my Termignoni is relatively quiet.

The horrible stock exhaust covers up one of the most attractive things about owning a Ducati鈥 that SOUND!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Completely agree on the sound factor - those burbles (yes I'm drooling!).
The Termi's add a nice bass note, the full Akra system gives a little more all round sound, but dear God - do not remove the baffles, I felt deaf after 10 minutes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pic!

I have thought about the low seat - I cheat and wear 1" heals in my boots (Rjay Bella).
Stock levers, I two finger the front brake and hold the bars wide so that works. The clutch was a little far so I have a spacer in there to stop the lever going to far.
I have the suspension set for me too - not the best for a pillion but I keep the rear cowl on my seat anyway :giggle:

I just got back from a 4hr round trip, still feeling like going further so yes, you're more than right - Sport Touring FTW!
Working at a bike shop and commuting 5 days (and joyriding on the weekend) is heaps of practice. I've done all weather on this girl and my old CBR500 (she was a good bike too, like the SSS light version).

Pity you couldn't get the Akro system, the sound great and the weight saving from getting rid of the CAT makes just enough of a difference. To be honest though, its the pops and burbles when I roll of the throttle that I like the most.

Oh, also have:
  • Ducati Performance Tail tidy
  • Rizoma red bar ends - removed brake lever guard when I bought it - looked dicky
  • quad lock (just like yours) with usb cable
  • I also have my screen painted black - she had bubbles from the original owner using brake cleaner on the plastic and it bugged my sense of tidyness

Also forgot of course I have Rad and Oil guards by EvoTech

Registered
The original owner of my Duc put the Evotech radiator guard on, but not the oil cooler guard. I would've thought the oil cooler was more vulnerable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would definitely recommend it. I know from work that replacing a radiator is a pricey meatball.

Registered
Nice pic!

Well I have 1" heels too - TCX Lady Smoke - which really help too. Flat foot most stops now with a slight shuffle to the left. Rjay Bella - does that suggest you are female too?

I hired a SSS with the Akro system before I decided to buy, and I just didn't like the sound in my helmet and the heat on the back of my thighs. But like you, the pop and cackle on deceleration makes me giggle every time.

Good roads up are many and varied. I live around the Mt Nebo and Mt Glorious area so plenty of twisties through there. North has some nice flowing sweepers through the Sunshine Coast hinterland. And west is just pretty countryside. South I am still exploring, like Mt Tamborine. I'm not bored yet.

Registered
The original owner of my Duc put the Evotech radiator guard on, but not the oil cooler guard. I would've thought the oil cooler was more vulnerable.
I have an oil cooler waiting for the next time I take off the fairings, and I can see how beat up the oil cooler fins are getting. It already has the radiator guard installed too.

Registered
Have you had issues with the local,constabulary? I鈥檝e never had my bike鈥檚 volume questioned here on the Sunny Coast. And there are plenty of horribly loud / raucous Harleys around, so my Termignoni is relatively quiet.

The horrible stock exhaust covers up one of the most attractive things about owning a Ducati鈥 that SOUND!
Muzz I personally have not, but have been out on plenty of rides watching other rider groups getting pulled over for sound checks, and also the local motorcycle FB group has plenty of reports of harassment on a regular basis over the last year or so - so much so that they rallied together to make a formal complaint to the QPS.

Sunny Coast as in Sunshine Coast north of Brisvegas?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts