Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
With him, except I always use first two fingers...

Registered
With him, except I always use first two fingers...

Funnily enough, I only use one finger! Queue a barrage of "Ooooh, you shouldn't do that" 馃ぃ馃ぃ

My right index finger has always just fallen naturally onto the brake lever; I've so far never had a problem hauling up on the brakes in the event of an emergency. I always ride with my right index finger covering the front brake.

Each to his own.

Premium Member
Funnily enough, I only use one finger! Queue a barrage of "Ooooh, you shouldn't do that" 馃ぃ馃ぃ

My right index finger has always just fallen naturally onto the brake lever; I've so far never had a problem hauling up on the brakes in the event of an emergency. I always ride with my right index finger covering the front brake.

Each to his own.
The top half of my right index finger has been amputated, so I'm only using my middle finger for braking. To be honest I lost the finger 40 years ago so in that time I think my middle finger has become stronger, doing the work of 2 fingers for many things.

When I fitted the shorter levers my wife was a bit upset, but after riding came back and said she was a two finger braker but hadn't realised it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts