Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laid her down...feel like an idiot. Never had to do this before in my 25+ years on a bike. Anyway, I'm stopped 2 min from home and want to make sharp left turn, I go turn in get on gas to go through turn..bike stalls and I couldn't hold her up ugh. Bent clutch lever, scratched up end cap, scratched up passenger peg. Most damage was done to my ego, feel incredibly stupid... Never had the cold bike stall thingy before so wasn't vigilant enough, now I know.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Ugh, hate when things like that happen. But as you indicated, on the bright side, there was very little damage! ;)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sorry for that. I don't know why the bike stalled unless it was the grabby clutch. o_O

Glad the tupperware is OK. The metal bits should be fixable/replaceable without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We all fall, sooner or later, sometimes many times over the years. No shame there, goes with the sport. I’d be counting this as a victory... minimal damage to the bike, and no injuries. Ride on!

Reactions: JayS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for that. I don't know why the bike stalled unless it was the grabby clutch. o_O

Glad the tupperware is OK. The metal bits should be fixable/replaceable without breaking the bank.
Wish I knew, figured because the bike was cold. You're right, looking for levers and bar ends as we speak.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We all fall, sooner or later, sometimes many times over the years. No shame there, goes with the sport. I’d be counting this as a victory... minimal damage to the bike, and no injuries. Ride on!
Thanks!
Yeah, feel slightly better about it as I was able to bend the clutch lever back but no doubt it needs to be replaced sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just noticed a dent on top of the tank uggghhhh. Didn't see it outside but now in garage it's visible. Puzzled how that happened.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad you're OK! Sorry to hear about what happened..

I just got a '19 Ducati Supersport S and got knocked on my right side, by an idiot in a truck cutting me off into a gas station. The rear brake pedal now will not budge. Maybe the bike fell on it? Any ideas on what to do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I just got a '19 Ducati Supersport S and got knocked on my right side, by an idiot in a truck cutting me off into a gas station. The rear brake pedal now will not budge. Maybe the bike fell on it? Any ideas on what to do?
Ugh..that sounds worse, glad you're ok too! Possible, hard to know without looking at it.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Jay, I'd contact one of those hail dent fix guys. And see if he could get the dent out of the tank.

Good luck.

Cold bike, grabby clutch, it's stalled on me plenty of times. Sometimes, even when it's warmed up. Keep the revs up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
sorry to hear and know how you feel.

Reactions: JayS

·
Registered
34 Posts

Maybe just jammed. How mechanical are you? I'd try to remove the pedal as gently as possible. Maybe it's caught, maybe bent, but hopefully just the pedal. But does the other guy have to pay? If so maybe take to a dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts