Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
I work on bikes and cars so much that I got tired of spending 15 minutes trying to get all the grease and oil from under my nails and creases. I'd still feel an oily film later on, which meant I couldn't touch my lady wherever I/she wanted. To add to that, having to scrub grease and oil off a cut sucks.

Good rubber gloves are a huge help in not having to deal with all those issues, and it saves time. A worthy investment.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I work on bikes and cars so much that I got tired of spending 15 minutes trying to get all the grease and oil from under my nails and creases. I'd still feel an oily film later on, which meant I couldn't touch my lady wherever I/she wanted. To add to that, having to scrub grease and oil off a cut sucks.

Good rubber gloves are a huge help in not having to deal with all those issues, and it saves time. A worthy investment.
Couldn't agree more. I use industrial grade garden gloves. Still have excellent feel with them. Afterwards I wash them with hand cleaner on the hand and then stick them on the shelf for drying.

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mechanic’s gloves too for heavier jobs, but prefer the light weight gloves like those above for a more tactile feel for light jobs. And also use the light ones for things like cleaning and lubing the chain, adjustment, and using solvents. Just toss after each use.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I ended up getting a box of the green gloves linked above. I really like them. If I'm picking up dog sh*t around the yard or lubing my chain, I use the cheap blue ones. If I gotta turn wrenches and get my hands deep in an engine bay, I use these green ones. They still might tear if they get caught on something hard enough, but I just replace it (depending on the size of the hole).

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I used them the last couple of days on a few things, including changing oil on my 2 bikes, and lubing the chains.

And it just reminded me that they're really nice gloves for light duty jobs and thought might bump it to be of help to some folks. Tough enough for most light jobs without tearing, yet still cheap and disposable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts