Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Not sure if I'm using the right subgroup for this thread?

I was expecting the white SS to be in a gloss finish. It's proving to be a pain to keep clean. I was thinking that a polishing compound that 'fills' the paint surface would provide a bit of sheen and protection, making it easier to keep clean.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Iz

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mine cleans up pretty easily with a damp hot towel. A clean towel. Linen service, Yo...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Ok I wax my bike with a high quality product costs about $100 a small tub but excellent stuff and for protecting and leaving a shined coat , I also use TEX Wax which has nano technology filling the little holes. But please please please do not use polish. No No No Polish is abrasive and will Buff the paint job and you will end up in trouble just wax is fine. I posted pictures somewhere on here of the products before try searching you will find it.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also use TEX Wax which has nano technology filling the little holes. But please please please do not use polish. I posted pictures somewhere on here of the products before try searching you will find it.
Thanks for the info. I meant wax. Didn't mean polish.

I'm going to use a wax that fills the holes. I didn't necessarily want a matte finish anyway. I think a semi-gloss white would look very good.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I can recommend Nanolex Matte, it's a ceramic coating which will protect the paint finish and make it easier to clean, they also have a special matte shampoo with no surfactants in it, scroll down on the following link.

nanolex Car Care

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
There is already a thread on here where we discuss the care of the matte white paint. I agree, though, that this white paint does show a lot of bugs, but it cleans up very easily with a damp cloth. Like, very easy. I feel like this is the easiest paint I've ever owned as far as maintenance.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Yes, we have discussed this. It was a thread that i found in the panigale forum. I will post the threed when I get in front of the pc.
I am using the Chemical Guys matte products with good success.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts