Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ducati SuperSport S 2017
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really appreciated lurking in this forum - all of you have been a great source of information as I have wrapped my head around the Ducati SuperSport.

So when another road user rammed up my backside and wrote off my previous bike (a Kawasaki, which I will remember fondly), I was able to move quickly to a red SS :)

My rider skills are modest, but what an amazing bike - it feels solid - torsionally stiff chassis, and predictable suspension entirely unflustered by roads or poor rider input. And sure, the V-Twin generates vibration, but it feel like it's strapped to an anvil - you know that it's there but it never dominates or distracts.

I was briefly perturbed by what I initially thought of as an overly sensitive character in the bike - snatchy/bitchy/cranky clutch engagement, and gearbox neutral absent without permission. But then I realised s/he just needs to warm up a little - just like we all do!

I intend to use the SS as 'transport' - yes this is unfair, like using a Ferrari to tootle down to the shops and get milk. But on the flipside, I had to go to the hardware shop ('Bunnings') to get a new screwdriver, and it felt like an event. Happy days!

Looking forward to learning tips and trick from all of you, and sharing back what I have learned - cheers!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Welcome mate. you are going to love the bike and when you want more you can sell the red slower one and get a white one :D

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
I intend to use the SS as 'transport' - yes this is unfair, like using a Ferrari to tootle down to the shops and get milk. But on the flipside, I had to go to the hardware shop ('Bunnings') to get a new screwdriver, and it felt like an event. Happy days!
That’s the magic of the SS, brother.

Embrace it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts