Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MCN just published their 2017 Ducati Supersport comparison test against the Ducati Panigale 959, Honda VFR 800 and Kawasaki Z1000SX. While not very comprehensive, for a general overview its great!

Overall they like it and say "it can be a bit of all three bikes combined", watch for more interesting pointers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Great, thanks!
Just sold my red VFR today
Cool to see them compare both models
Can't wait for my white SuperSport to arrive :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Exactly what I'm looking for in a street bike. The engine on the SS is only 7 ft lbs less in torque than a 959 engine. I agree with him on how it feels to ride a 959 off the track, which is why I want a SS.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Really torn on the mirrors comment, some say its not bad, some that they vibrate a lot, enough to be useless unless you grab the clutch.

·
Registered
349 Posts
They definitely blur. I keep thinking that I will get used to it but now will consider a Rizoma set when they release them.
I examined the mirrors thinking I could try to attach an interior weight to try to cancel the harmonics but the mirrors cannot be disassembled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really torn on the mirrors comment, some say its not bad, some that they vibrate a lot, enough to be useless unless you grab the clutch.
i did a demo ride last weekend on the S model and found the mirrors to be okay. i rode it in the city and highway to about 75mph. yes, the mirrors could be better, but i could still see well enough behind me. Certainly never thought... these mirrors are terrible. Perhaps each dealership has a different mirror-assembly process. my 2 cents.
overall the bike is a great ride. everything good, said about the bike is true. comfort, styling, and handling were exceptional. the power/torque and braking is perfect for the street.
my only negative, the inside of my right knee rests against the frame plug. i believe someone else mentioned this on the forum. I'm 5'8'', inseam 30". could be problematic on a long day of riding. in fairness, i was only riding in jeans, so probably would be fine in leathers. for the "hard to find neutral", i found it easily while coming to a slow roll before stopping.
anyway, got on a ramble. ride safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts