Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, following up my intro here I am sharing a few pics of my new White Supersport S, which I collected from a dealership in Dublin (Ireland) last Saturday, trading in my Kawasaki Ninja 650.

First of all, her name is Duchessa, which is italian for Duchess (duh!). My girlfriend came up with the name with the following reasons:
- she's elegant and fancy, like a duchess (Duchessa is italian for Duchess)
- Duc-ati <=> Duc-hessa (In italian "ch" is pronounced "k" so they sound similar)
- she's white and "aristocrat", like Disney's Aristocats' character Duchess.

Unfortunately the weather was pretty on and off during the weekend and I already had to give her an extensive wash (I fear that's gonna happen frequently with a white bike).

A few thoughts:
- I love how it handles, she's rock stable on the long fast bends and gave me immediate confidence. Another planet compared to my other bikes.
- Power delivery is great. I'm already used to twin cylinders so I wasn't looking for smoothness but gotta say it's not even vibrating that much. I haven't tried it in Sport mode as it was raining (obviously..) and all muggy everywhere
- I gotta get used to attention. Whenever I stopped somewhere people started commenting on it and asking questions. Some had their kids taking picture on top of it (with my permission of course). She is a thing of beauty, no doubts there
- I just realized I need to buy a new rear paddock as the one I had doesn't work with the mono. Any suggestions here are greatly appreciated!

Probably more that I'm not thinking of right now.. /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
@Lambo88 Fantastic news that you picked up your beautiful bike!

There are several good options for paddock stands, that you’ll find through the search function...I happen to use the Pit Pull stand, and very satisfied with it.

Btw, you are probably already aware, that if the bike is on a rear stand only, it would not provide a proper oil level reading through the site glass.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Lambo88 Fantastic news that you picked up your beautiful bike!

There are several good options for paddock stands, that you’ll find through the search function...I happen to use the Pit Pull stand, and very satisfied with it.

Btw, you are probably already aware, that if the bike is on a rear stand only, it would not provide a proper oil level reading through the site glass.

Interesting. No I didn't know about that. just catching up on these threads. Why does that happen?

I looked up the PitBull. Oh boy. $200+ worth of stand sounds like a lot :/ what's so special about it?

I have a 30 euros dual arms rear stand for my previous bike which worked perfectly, I'm quite surprised to see this difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Interesting. No I didn't know about that. just catching up on these threads. Why does that happen?

I looked up the PitBull. Oh boy. $200+ worth of stand sounds like a lot :/ what's so special about it?

I have a 30 euros dual arms rear stand for my previous bike which worked perfectly, I'm quite surprised to see this difference.
Regarding the oil level, because its not level when on rear stand only...

Regarding the Pit Bull, it's a very sturdy, well made stand.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going for the ConStand on Amazon. I think I saw that named somewhere in the forum. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Looking for a phone/cam mount now as I realized my older one does not fit anywhere (it was like a clamp-based mount, pretty solid but needs a different kind of handlebar).

(Not so) fun fact: it's been storm after storm and loads of rain in Ireland and I haven't been able to ride the little girl since I got her :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts