Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 SuperSport 950S
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to remove the Mirrors. Looking at what's offered for the blanking plates. What is a good option? Seems like non here on the forum has been reported as fitting properly.

·
Premium Member
2021 SuperSport 950S
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Ed K

·
Premium Member
2021 SuperSport 950S
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not seeing much available that I liked I decided to make a couple covers myself. Hardware store didn't have any black washers, so I'll have to change them out when I find some. I'll need to go to a plastic/nylon washer for black probably.
Grille White Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting White Hood Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The contour looks the same. But the cut out is different. There are mirror block off made for the 950 that have built in signals. But., they at least, won't fit the 939.
Remind me who makes the mirror block offs with the built in signals. Thank you kindly 😊

·
Premium Member
2021 SuperSport 950S
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would have been a good choice for me also but I'm not planning on using the bike on the street much. I've taken off my tail blinkers and License holder also, tail tidy. Now I'll need to find an under fender blanking plate.
Heading to Laguna Seca for a couple of Track Days, I'll take a couple of pictures of the chop job.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Remind me who makes the mirror block offs with the built in signals. Thank you kindly 😊
New Rage.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I know the mirrors are ugly and vibrate constantly but Ill take the safety of the turn signals any day. The amount of light on these can't be good for the street.

Thoughts?
Can't speak about the mirror block off plates with the built in indicators, however when you consider the size of the Ducati Performance sequential LED indicators, they are mega bright for their size.

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Contacted New Rage to see if the block offs with blinkers were available for the 939.
In short, no.
Bugger .
@Ashleyf - for the 939 I think you have the option of combining two New Rage Cycles bits - the block-off plates and the LED signals that fit between the windscreen and the nose cowling.

However, I’m with others - I like my conspicuous OEM indicators where they are.

·
Registered
192 Posts
One thing to consider is riding without mirrors. Every first ride after a track day, I am scared of cars. Having to always turn around to see whats around in urban areas is not how I want to ride. I don't focus on the mirror like a tv but the visibility is nice to have. They do come in handy. My 08 Hypermotard had awesome mirrors, the ones that flip out at the end of the handle bars, best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts