Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I didn't realize we had 7(!) different part numbers for those mirrors. I thought there were only 2. When did it get so lengthy?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I didn't realize we had 7(!) different part numbers for those mirrors. I thought there were only 2. When did it get so lengthy?
Yeah we had a good laugh at the dealer... well I did anyway. First time Right is not in the ducati make up. Thing is though a FRED will always remain a fail regardless of the incremental changes, this new solution is merely a bandaid.
FRED - Fcuking Ridiculous Engineering Design.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My right stalk broke clean off DOH

Moving the ss in the shed bumped into a plastic face shield hanging on the lathe and the stalk broke through the top mounting bolt hole. when I looked at it closer the alloy was cracked 1/3 of the way through before I broke it, I can tell because of the stain where it was cracked.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
Moving the ss in the shed bumped into a plastic face shield hanging on the lathe and the stalk broke through the top mounting bolt hole. when I looked at it closer the alloy was cracked 1/3 of the way through before I broke it, I can tell because of the stain where it was cracked.
Yes, they're not very strong...

Do you fold them often?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Been ages since I last saw you in here. Hope you're keeping well.
On aliexpress.com some company is selling an all plastic set, closely replicating the originals.

What I noticed on them is that the flared washer of the OEM is not on the plastic set, essentially they might vibrate less that the OEM ones and they're a [email protected] sight cheaper.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Been ages since I last saw you in here. Hope you're keeping well.
On aliexpress.com some company is selling an all plastic set, closely replicating the originals.

What I noticed on them is that the flared washer of the OEM is not on the plastic set, essentially they might vibrate less that the OEM ones and they're a [email protected] sight cheaper.
I would not be ashamed to buy cheap plastic ones the oem ones are rubbish.also maybe these cheep ones are not folding?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I’ve never folded my mirrors as they feel as if they might break off. Came home Saturday, after a ride, put kickstand down, repositioned a small block of wood I use to keep stand from sinking into the turf, swung my leg over and bam! bike was down into the turf on its left side. Gas leaking from tank, I finally muscled it up onto the stand. Left grip and clutch lever covered in mud as well as left peg and shifter. Mirror stalk folded in and seems no worse for the wear. Oh yeah, fairing seems to have no mark on it. Really surprised mirror survived. I really dodged a bullet!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I’ve never folded my mirrors as they feel as if they might break off. Came home Saturday, after a ride, put kickstand down, repositioned a small block of wood I use to keep stand from sinking into the turf, swung my leg over and bam! bike was down into the turf on its left side. Gas leaking from tank, I finally muscled it up onto the stand. Left grip and clutch lever covered in mud as well as left peg and shifter. Mirror stalk folded in and seems no worse for the wear. Oh yeah, fairing seems to have no mark on it. Really surprised mirror survived. I really dodged a bullet!
Better than dodge one vs the alternative. Good outcome despite it all.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Long time everyone.. Been lurking but not posting.

Anyways, my right-hand mirror started getting more wobbly and broke on the weekend. Dealer says six-weeks. Anybody know where I can order a new right-hand mirror? I believe the part number is 523S0607A, it was 523S0601A originally.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You might try these - £162:

They are based in the UK, so you need to factor in delivery time, postage etc, but there must be someone in Australia who does the same?

If you do order anything from the above website, before you order make sure you have selected your model and year of bike at the top of the page under the drop downs (numbered 1 to 5) so as it brings up the parts for that specific model and year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I’ve tried a couple in Aus, but so far, none are showing as having stock

21 - 32 of 32 Posts