Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a lead on how to disassemble the mirror? I am chasing a short and would much rather replace the wire in the mirror stalk.

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
Most of our threads on mirrors are about vibration reduction. If you haven’t already, try Search on “Mirror Vibrations”, and a number of threads will come up. But this one might also be of some help to start...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of our threads on mirrors are about vibration reduction. If you haven’t already, try Search on “Mirror Vibrations”, and a number of threads will come up. But this one might also be of some help to start...
Thanks, nothing on the disassembly to get to the wiring. If I figure it out, I’ll be sure to post.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
You can get into it by removing the mirror glass - if you dare. It is held into the swivelling part by plastic clips from which it is apparently possible to prise it from.There is some stuff about it in among the posts on reducing vibrations. I haven't attempted it in case they break off. When the LED indicator fails I will try. In your case it sounds like you have nothing to lose.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Super Moderator
7,823 Posts
@Putz @Derek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts