Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like it better than the streetfighter. Considering the monsters sell better, I'm surprised they didn't do this first, but then again, i guess the strreetfighter is the step between the race bike and the monster.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Meh. The existing Monster 1200 is already silly; I'd rather ride the 821.
The V4 Streetfighter already exists.
The Aprilia Tuono V4 and the KTM 1290SD also already exist.
This looks like a solution in search of a problem.

The problem with the various S4 Monsters was that they had more engine than chassis; that's why the original Streetfighter models were created. The newest Monster design fixed that well enough that the Streetfighter became redundant. However, I think that a V4 Monster would probably just bring that problem back. Indeed, I'd imagine that Ducati also thinks that, and that's *why* we got a new V4 Streetfighter instead of a new V4 Monster.

But then what do I know -- I've been happily riding 75hp, air-cooled, carbureted, M900s for the last 26 years.
I did really like the 1098 Streetfighter, though.
I might pick up one of those at some point, if I can rationalize the extra money to get an aluminum tank for it.

PhilB

·
Registered
515 Posts
What do you think of this mock up. Not sure who did it but I'm guessing it's QD exhaust.
Now that there's a V4 Streetfighter I'm not sure a V4 Monster would have a purpose in the Ducati lineup. I'd keep the Monster 1200 twin around and updated; it's a more relaxed, less focused street machine than the Streetfighter (and a lot less expensive as well).

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,612 Posts
What do you think of this mock up. Not sure who did it but I'm guessing it's QD exhaust.
I think that it just looks wrong. There is too much bulk in the centre and it looks very low slung. It makes the bike look massively heavy although it probably wouldn't be.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if the monster V4 does come about then the cylinder heads will be different to compensate for a mount similar to the testastretta since 2014. It just looks too much in such a confined space and that exhaust, well it will no longer be a commuter bike will it. By the time you get to the workplace ones polyester pants are buttless 3 quarter pants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts