Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed it, but who is the forum moderator, and is the moderator a motorcycle enthusiast? Not trying to stir the pot, just interested in trying to determine if this forum intends to cater to member interests to some degree or some other criteria?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but who is the forum moderator, and is the moderator a motorcycle enthusiast? Not trying to stir the pot, just interested in trying to determine if this forum intends to cater to member interests to some degree or some other criteria?
Are you in trouble again or is it that if you're in trouble you at least want to know who with .... >:)
I have seen 'Natalie' respond as the administrator.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you in trouble again or is it that if you're in trouble you at least want to know who with .... >:)
I have seen 'Natalie' respond as the administrator.
Always in trouble. >:)

Maybe not the same here, but on other forums I torment, the administrator and moderator is not the same person. It doesn't matter to me but I do prefer a motorcycle enthusiast for a moderator. That usually allows for a forum to grow and improve. Right now I do not see any difference from day one. It is mainly a hello and welcome site and not much more. Sort of like an electronic Walmart greeter. :wink2:

·
Administrator
315 Posts
At this time we do not need a moderator just yet due to the size of the community. When the time is right we will be selecting candidates for the position.

These will be individuals that are just as passionate and involved with the 939 as you guys are.

Thanks,
Admin

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, an administrator has already posted that any one of several people can log on and post as the administrator. This makes me believe that the administrator function is more along the lines of the technical administration of the site and not that which we normally consider of a moderator's.

I think that this site will not grow and improve without input from a moderator who has a motorcyclist's perspective.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Most of us are still waiting on our Supersports. Once more of them are out in the wild, the forum will get better.
Agreed. No worries...soon, this place will have a thriving community full of in your face, balls to the wall, macho guys that are more than willing to tell us how awesome it is to wheelie, drag knee and run from the cops...LOL.

Seriously, let's hope not!

But you are correct. Once more bikes are on the road, this place will get more traffic. Heck, I don't even have mine yet.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't understand why they chose to fracture the already thriving Ducati.ms forums with these various independent forums. Other than driving ad revenue and membership premiums, which leads me down a road of believing that the admins aren't actually riders and community members.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Reactions: oldndumb

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't understand why they chose to fracture the already thriving Ducati.ms forums with these various independent forums.
The reason I went in search of a SuperSport 939 forum is because there isn't near this level of interest or discussion on the Ducati.MS forum. I've found more threads here that help me think about the SS as a Multi replacement than anywhere else and as a consumer/reader I appreciate these folks for building this forum. Otherwise I'd agree that Ducati.MS is a great site and is my go to source for all things related to anything else Ducati and specifically my Multi.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
The reason I went in search of a SuperSport 939 forum is because there isn't near this level of interest or discussion on the Ducati.MS forum.......Otherwise I'd agree that Ducati.MS is a great site and is my go to source for all things related to anything else Ducati and specifically my Multi.
Agree, however, there isn't much talk around the Hypermotard, either. That board is just a little slow in general, I think. I don't post a lot there because of it. Of course, the Hyper isn't nearly as popular as your Multi, so your mileage may vary. :grin2:

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are some self appointed post police on this forum who I'm sure would be happy to play the moderator role . . . God forbid.
No idea why some enjoy that, I like to live and let live. Moderators should be moderate...nobody wants a forum that resembles a police state for lack of better term. Ya gotta have rules but applied fairly and without bias.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Personally I am hoping the topics to turn from waiting for a bike to actual technical components of the bike. You know, something with a bit more meat as opposed to insomnia whilst waiting. Perhaps the administrator should create/update the forum categories a little. Expand them a little.
IE:
Electronics
Suspension
Engine
Aesthetics
Mechanical

Understandably the bike is new and few people will be willing to play due to warranty but I do look forward to this type of conversations.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Personally I am hoping the topics to turn from waiting for a bike to actual technical components of the bike. You know, something with a bit more meat as opposed to insomnia whilst waiting.....Understandably the bike is new and few people will be willing to play due to warranty but I do look forward to this type of conversations.
Agree. It will get better. Seriously. Mods, hacks, and epic adventures will be the norm, soon.

What I want to see is more pictures as well as "how-to's" and detailed write ups on installing accessories, etc. I may not buy that exact one, but its good to get a feel of what it will look like or perform like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.