Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Reviving an old thread here. I was the original poster with a bike that would occasionally pop out of gear in 5th/6th. The dealer never did fix it but it went away on it's own (two years ago). Now recently the bike has started popping out of gear much more frequently and in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears (at city speeds, under varying levels of throttle). It will even do it multiple times in the row now. The shift lever is already adjusted and of course I shift with a ton of force due to paranoia but it keeps happening on the regular in the past month.

Reading other people's experience I suspect the control fork in my clutch is out of whack. I'll be taking her in soon (to another dealer, not the last one) and hopefully my extended warranty will cover it.

·
Super Moderator
7,605 Posts
@Neama Sorry to hear the issue returned. Please let us know how it goes when you bring it for service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Update (well not much of one): Bike's been at the shop for over a week. They haven't been able to recreate the problem (even though it happened to me every single morning -- including on the way to the shop). They want to do a teardow (think it's a transmission problem, not a clutch issue) and have contacted RPMOne for permission but say they haven't heard back yet (it's been 4 days). Any advice on how to deal with this situation would be appreciated.

·
Registered
996 Posts
No advice, but I had a slightly similar problem on my old Monster 1100. It would pop out of gear and go into false neutral when decelerating hard. I never did figure out what caused it. I ended up trading it in.

Anyway, update on what you find out, please.

·
Super Moderator
7,605 Posts
Seems likely they’re correct, tranny, not clutch…

41 - 45 of 45 Posts