Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw that earlier this morning. Made me chuckle. Some drivers just astound me with their idiocy.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Even watched this on the news in south africa this morning. What we see is the reaction to provocation, I wonder what the provocation was. Then we know who is the greater arse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's always the dilemma whether you put up with the crap from car drivers and do nothing and thereby encourage similar behaviour in the future from the car drivers vs taking a stand and retaliating and possibly discouraging crap from them in the future. Sometimes things go wrong when you take a stand. I wouldn't judge him too harshly.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
There's always the dilemma whether you put up with the crap from car drivers and do nothing and thereby encourage similar behaviour in the future from the car drivers vs taking a stand and retaliating and possibly discouraging crap from them in the future. Sometimes things go wrong when you take a stand. I wouldn't judge him too harshly.
I understand that he was probably incited in some way, but riding at those speeds, near a shoulder, that in itself wasnt a wise thing to do. Yeah, the car is at fault too, but kicking it...i dont know if he was trying to do what actually happened. On another note, wonder what caused the car driver to react the way he did? Was trying to swerve into the bike?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Even watched this on the news in south africa this morning. What we see is the reaction to provocation, I wonder what the provocation was. Then we know who is the greater arse.
Yes but two wrongs can NEVER make it right0:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw this clip as a news headline. It was prefaced by the reporter saying the car driver cut the bike off and thats when the recording started. Regardless of whether or not he was cut off, never pick a fight with a car. you always lose.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Motorcycles never win fights with cars no matter who is right. That biker is super, super lucky. Lots of random pinball action on that highway and he could have easily escaped that first car and got smooshed by a second. Freaks me out. @melba probably could use this in one of his classes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Motorcycles never win fights with cars no matter who is right. That biker is super, super lucky. Lots of random pinball action on that highway and he could have easily escaped that first car and got smooshed by a second. Freaks me out. @melba probably could use this in one of his classes.
The one thing wrong with this clip is that the fat muppet on the bike didn't get sat on his fat ass in this incident and just rode away, while other people were possibly hurt or worse. This fact, to his simple pathetic way of looking at things, will justify his actions and he'll probably do it again!! No matter what mistake a driver makes, it cannot justify that type of retaliation. We are riders, we choose to ride on two wheels and accept the risks of having less protection around us, and if we are smart enough, big enough and ugly enough to accept those risks, then we should also be smart enough and MATURE enough to understand that people make mistakes and we need to ride defensively to protect ourselves and stay alive. We also need to try and educate the public that we are responsible road users, not vigilante fuckwits out to cause some public mayhem. There are simply too many fat, ugly, ignorant muppets out there who quite simply think that because they have a motorcycle licence they have a licence to carry on like an absolute dickhead!! - and we wonder why the public think we are all fuckin idiots and hate us all. Seriously guys we simply should not tolerate idiotic behaviour like that from other riders and if we ever witness **** like that for all our sakes try to do something about it. I'd like to tie his fat, ugly ass behind his Hardly Rideable and drag his sorry carcass all the way to the end of the freeway. - TOTAL SHITHEAD!!!!:frown2::frown2: Sorry I get so bloody angry about this ****, but there's too much of it going on!!!

Reactions: spinkick

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Looks like the motorcyclist won this one to me, lol.
WHAT???? I don't believe that a responsible rider could offer that opinion!!!!!: and seemingly condone that type of action
surprise:

·
Registered
998 Posts
WHAT???? I don't believe that a responsible rider could offer that opinion!!!!!: and seemingly condone that type of action
surprise:
It was a joke. Calm the he ll down.

I agree with you that the rider should have stayed, but I don't put all the blame on the rider. Road rage went both ways here, clearly.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
rider and driver are both dick heads. both should be tracked and face the penal code.. shared responsibility of the accident involving others. In my country it's double sided when it comes to responsibility, firstly it's not only about who caused the accident but also could 'I' for example have avoided it if I had ridden / driven defensively.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lots of wrong to go around here, but I think the car driver has the biggest fault here.

The full story seems to be that:
a) The car driver made a bonehead move that the motorcyclist had to avoid,
b) The motorcyclist escalated the situation with a kick -- property damage, then
c) The driver attempted to kill the motorcyclist and caused the crash.

So yeah, the biker shouldn't have kicked the car.
But that pales to insignificance in comparison to attempted deadly vehicular assault.
And the biker, while he is responsible for some property damage, is in no way responsible for the crash and all of that resulting damage
-- that's all about the driver of the car.

PhilB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts