Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I live on Queenland's Sunshine Coast and I picked up an immaculate 2018 SSS last Thursday, with only 3600km on the clock, Akra slip-ons and a couple of other 'enhancements'.

My last Ducati was a 2001 750SS that I bought in England (SE England is a great place to ride) and put it in the shipping container when I convinced my English wife that life in Australia is pretty hard to beat.

I sold the 750SS about 10 years ago and have been riding dirt bikes since then.

The SSS that I bought was my 4th attempt to buy a Ducati over a two week period. The first one, I put a $500 deposit on a new 2021 grey, red wheeled Monster, but got my deposit back when I realised I didn't want a naked bike.

I soon found a white 2018 SSS that was only 20 minutes away from where I live. When I saw it, I had to have it and gave him a $1000 deposit on the spot. 5 days later, not more than 2 minutes after hanging up on my broker after finalising the finance, I get a very loooong text from the seller saying he'd decided he couldn't sell it. (Understandable. It was immaculate)

I then found a grey one with red wheels and lots of touring accessories (paniers etc...) and we arranged for me to buy it the following weekend but when I realised it wasn't an 'S' I pulled out.

Then I found this one, which entailed a day trip to the Gold Coast... (pretty bloody good iPhone photo. I was using my Landcruiser's reversing lights to light up the trailer to strap it down. I thought I'd put the flash on.)

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 Supersport S and 2020 Monster 1200 S
44 Posts
Similar story here, local dealer only had red at a too high price, found mine in Sydney from a guy who did a couple of weekends on her. 9400kms only! Had to have her!
Old mate rode her up and I paid for his flight home, he got one last joy ride.
Now I work at my local dealer and the perks are paying for my daily commute and joy ride fun... this is what winning the lottery feels like.

Reactions: Ventura17SS

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi. I live on Queenland's Sunshine Coast and I picked up an immaculate 2018 SSS last Thursday, with only 3600km on the clock, Akra slip-ons and a couple of other 'enhancements'.

My last Ducati was a 2001 750SS that I bought in England (SE England is a great place to ride) and put it in the shipping container when I convinced my English wife that life in Australia is pretty hard to beat.

I sold the 750SS about 10 years ago and have been riding dirt bikes since then.

The SSS that I bought was my 4th attempt to buy a Ducati over a two week period. The first one, I put a $500 deposit on a new 2021 grey, red wheeled Monster, but got my deposit back when I realised I didn't want a naked bike.

I soon found a white 2018 SSS that was only 20 minutes away from where I live. When I saw it, I had to have it and gave him a $1000 deposit on the spot. 5 days later, not more than 2 minutes after hanging up on my broker after finalising the finance, I get a very loooong text from the seller saying he'd decided he couldn't sell it. (Understandable. It was immaculate)

I then found a grey one with red wheels and lots of touring accessories (paniers etc...) and we arranged for me to buy it the following weekend but when I realised it wasn't an 'S' I pulled out.

Then I found this one, which entailed a day trip to the Gold Coast... (pretty bloody good iPhone photo. I was using my Landcruiser's reversing lights to light up the trailer to strap it down. I thought I'd put the flash on.)

View attachment 44074
Congratulations!!! It’s a superb bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts