Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to get a loan to buy my SS-S and the credit union uses NADA to value vehicles. The NADA claims that the SS-S in White averages $13,495 USD

This is such a massive disparity between the MSRP and even what the dealer is offering. They refuse to loan anything more than what the NADA value claims. So I'm stuck with them thinking the bike is only worth $for 13,500 or so. What the ****? Did anyone get anywhere near that?
I've looked at the thread and it doesn't seem so, so where the **** are they getting 13.5??? That doesn't even account for TTL and fees! Out the door would be at least $16,500. Any and all advice welcome.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They must be looking at the base model. They're full of crap. If they won't up the loan value to MSRP, just get a loan from Ducati or someone else. I got mine from Ducati.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is crazy. The bike is selling at or near srp. I wonder if they are looking at the right entry.
The KBB site says the bike is too new to price.
Yeah I told them that must be wrong. I wrote in to NADA but I doubt it will get anywhere. It's such a huge difference between that and the MSRP. No dealer would ever sell for less than 14,000 if anywhere close even to that.

They must be looking at the base model. They're full of crap. If they won't up the loan value to MSRP, just get a loan from Ducati or someone else. I got mine from Ducati.
What was your interest rate from Duc? They offered me 5% at the credit union. Just not wanting to re-apply all over again. :|

·
Registered
442 Posts
I paid cash and only got about $700 under list from a dealer i have purchased a bunch of bikes from. The other local dealer was above list.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What was your interest rate from Duc? They offered me 5% at the credit union. Just not wanting to re-apply all over again. :|
It was 3.99% I believe. Keep in mind though, that the Ducati financing package is backloaded. You pay a nice low payment for 3-5 years and have to pay $6k (in my case) at the end of the loan term. That didn't matter to me since I plan to pay it off early, but it's worth knowing. No pre-payment penalty BTW.

Isn't it irrelevant what the credit union is offering if they won't finance the whole price of the bike? Or are you making a downpayment to make the numbers work?

Good luck. However you choose to purchase the Supersport, I believe you will be pleased.:grin2: If neither of the above options works, I would even consider the sale of an organ. The bike is that good.

Reactions: DoubleSS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was 3.99% I believe. Keep in mind though, that the Ducati financing package is backloaded. You pay a nice low payment for 3-5 years and have to pay $6k (in my case) at the end of the loan term. That didn't matter to me since I plan to pay it off early, but it's worth knowing. No pre-payment penalty BTW.

Isn't it irrelevant what the credit union is offering if they won't finance the whole price of the bike? Or are you making a downpayment to make the numbers work?

Good luck. However you choose to purchase the Supersport, I believe you will be pleased.:grin2: If neither of the above options works, I would even consider the sale of an organ. The bike is that good.
I plan to talk to them first, then consider putting the rest down and making it work just to save the hassle of applying elsewhere. If that doesn't work I may have to just go talk to them about Ducati financing. :crying:

·
Registered
885 Posts
So I'm trying to get a loan to buy my SS-S and the credit union uses NADA to value vehicles. The NADA claims that the SS-S in White averages $13,495 USD
I've been looking around for a bike for a while. My credit union only uses the NADA price on a used motorcycle purchase, they use the manufacturers MSRP on a new bike purchase. Both require a 10% down payment. Are you sure your credit union is setting you up for the correct type of purchase?

Ducati dealers offer two different types of credit programs. The standard program is a competitive rate long term program, I think they offered me 4.5% for 60 months. The "Premier Financing" is essentially a lease with a balloon payment option at the end for ownership, but at a lower interest rate to keep the price of entry more affordable to younger riders. Sounds like you bought into the Premier plan, which, if you plan to pay it off early, is the better option with lower rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts