Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
@Dustdevil Why are you doing the first service yourself? Be wary of doing services yourself whilst the bike is still under warranty as I have heard that some manufacturers will invalidate the warranty as its not been serviced by a Dealer. I totally disagree with this and see it as a way that manufacture makes money. I don't know about Ducati's stance on 'owner servicing' whilst the bike is still in its warranty period.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tripplesaper. Thanks for the advice, it’s one of the reasons I’ve never owned a Ducati. But with a lengthened major service interval I decided to go for it. I also have several Porsches that I maintain for the same reason Its an 800 mile round trip to the dealer for me for the Ducati or the Porsches Also in the USA if you document that the service was performed they have to honor the warranty
We have a lot of stupid laws here but this is actually a good one. First service is basically an oil and filter change and chain adjustment and checking over the bike for leaks and loose bolts, maybe plugging it in to see any computer diagnostics for $350. I easily did all of the requirements except the computer diagnostics. The bike runs great I don’t think there is anything wrong for the computer to tell me. Plus for me it involves a 400 mile trip there and a hotel night and 400 miles back.
I made the decision when I bought the bike I would do all the easy services like oil & filter and bleed brakes, adjusting chain etc. I’ll take it in to have the belts and desmo service done.
I also change the oil about every 3500 miles instead of Ducati’s recommendation

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
@Dustdevil Wow an 800 mile round trip to your nearest Dealer 😮 That's a mini touring holiday in itself.

I'm assuming that for a recall you would make the journey?

Reactions: Grossi.BP

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes. If I have to make I would. It’s not a pleasant 800 miles either with it being mostly interstate roads. I’m hoping Ducati got it right and I only have to go back for belts and desmo service. This is a case where my heart over ruled my brain. I should have bought a Honda, Kawasaki or Suzuki. But I’ve never had a Ducati and I’ve always wanted one 😊

21 - 26 of 26 Posts