Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

New to this forum. Already been skimming some topics, very much like all the help you've given me already :)

I'm a ducati supersport 2017 owner from the Netherlands.
The bike has already done 54k km, I have put 9k on it in 3 months on it myself.
The engine has its extra sounds (desmo crickets and a bit of transmission klatter), so that will require a valve checkup soonish
Not sure what to do about the transmission klatter...

And I am planning a bunch of tiny mods ...
-Double bubble windshield FTW
-Added smartphone navigation in the double bubble
-Replaced the weak usb port with 30W USB-c Power Delivery
-Added my Elk mascotte on the headstock to hold my USB cable
-Replaced the headstock bearings with tapered ones, the stock ones were already stuck'ish.
-Replaced the sprockachain with a 525 set
-The mirrors are just terrible, no visibility, and what is visible is everywhere, custom welding ones on it: Ordered chinese yamaha R1 mirrors
-The exhaust is in the way of custom side 50liter panniers (yes i'm going to butcher the looks of it a bit, sorry), so I bought a panigale v4s exhaust to weld on it; to make it more a .... minigale.
-16 liters of fuel is a bit on the tiny side, might do an airbox mod to lower the bottom of fueltank
-struggling a bit with the jpdiag/melcodiag, bought some chinesium elm327 ...

you might say i am not your typical ducatista, i've driven a 22 years of honda's (vfr750/vfr800) prior to this, but the supersport caught my eye.
And the twisties proved the ducduc owns the viffer already, just need to add a bit of practicality to the machine.

photosoup'd, soon to be real .... i hope ....
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Welcome!!! Lots of plans, it seems.

Several owners on here are previous (and current) VFR riders, myself included. I feel like the Supersport is what the VFR always wanted to be but never quite pulled it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea , the new 2014 vfr800 did not meet expectations, and the vfr1200 sounds like weedwhakker.
I'll post a picture of my Elk mascotte , that has been around for 8 years on different motorcycles in a jiffy :p
<edit>
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
-16 liters of fuel is a bit on the tiny side, might do an airbox mod to lower the bottom of fueltank
Wow!

I think you’ll earn an honorary Ducati engineer position in Bologna if you can pull that off. If you could figure out a fix for the crappy OEM fuel sender, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hehe, i'm in the dreaming stage. no promises.

with the fuel sender, do you mean the fuel level gauge thingy?
I already had to order a new one, because that one was faulty and left me stranded once already.
I think I will ignore that thing when it fails, I have seen people keeping on buying replacements, seems rather hopeless.
Just calculate 16*average consumption :p 16*16 = 256km lower and 16*19 304km maximum distance (i got stranded at 308km)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice side baggies, i'm very very jealous of people with the 950, moar bueautifull
enkhuizen is quite far away from here ^_^

by any change the guy that has a white supersport 950 that stopped next to me in the traffic @ schiedam last weekend is a forum member too? :)
weirdly enough i am beginning to see more supersports now that i have one, haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts