Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help please,

Will be installing new foot pegs this week when they arrive. Can't for the life of me, figure out how to get the clips off the pins to remove peg. I know I'm going to feel stupid but the clip just spins.

Anybody?

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Best to use a flat head screwdriver to remove circlips and needlenose pliers to install them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey NothingClever

Thanks, I saw a youtube vid that shows that BUT, I just can't get those f'in things off. They just spin, ???????

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey NothingClever

Thanks, I saw a youtube vid that shows that BUT, I just can't get those f'in things off. They just spin, ???????
They're E-clips, right? Don't use the screwdriver at the points of the E to try to widen them around the pin. Use them at the inside of the E to pull the clip off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're E-clips, right? Don't use the screwdriver at the points of the E to try to widen them around the pin. Use them at the inside of the E to pull the clip off.
Yea
They have two little eyes on either side of the opening of the clip. I've taken them off before on my 1098 and remember having a time of it then. Might get some spares when I pick up the pegs in case I bend them.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yea
They have two little eyes on either side of the opening of the clip. I've taken them off before on my 1098 and remember having a time of it then. Might get some spares when I pick up the pegs in case I bend them.
Sorry, I was thinking of my old 996 pegs.

You need "snap ring pliers" to remove them correctly without bending them. If you're like me you'll still probably bend them irreperably. You just need something to keep them from backing out, I used safety wire in the groove, or head to your local ACE hardware and find something compatable - the ID matters, the OD doesn't

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You need "snap ring pliers" to remove them correctly without bending them. If you're like me you'll still probably bend them irreperably. You just need something to keep them from backing out, I used safety wire in the groove, or head to your local ACE hardware and find something compatable - the ID matters, the OD doesn't

Thanks for your help, that makes sense. I knew there was a plier of some type to get this job done.
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey psyopper,

My snap ring pliers came in yesterday and I used them today, they were fantastic. Thanks again for the help, the job was too easy with them. By the way, I found out today that earlier Supersport models had different clips on the pilot and passenger pegs. Now in 2020 all for pegs use these clips with the eyelets.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts