Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bagged myself an new Arai Chaser X with 32% off. Reduced from £524.99 to £355.99 - cheapest I've seen it in the Black Friday Sales Arai Chaser-X - Cliff Black - SALE

I prefer to ride with a light tint visor as opposed to the clear one it comes with, unfortunatly they work out at £69.99 which is one fifth of the price of the helmet :oops: Well at least in the UK we dont pay VAT (tax) on motorbike helmets (y)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Wait. You have "Black Friday" in the UK? Is it just a sales holiday or does it have other significance?

I thought it was solely a USA phenomenon being the first day after Thanksgiving for the start of Christmas shopping. It's only been a thing here for perhaps the last 35 years or so.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wait. You have "Black Friday" in the UK? Is it just a sales holiday or does it have other significance?

I thought it was solely a USA phenomenon being the first day after Thanksgiving for the start of Christmas shopping. It's only been a thing here for perhaps the last 35 years or so.
Cliff Black are the colors.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes we started having the Black Friday sales 3 or 4 years ago I think. They seem to be earlier this year too. We also have Cyber Monday which follows Black Friday were you get deals online, as Black Friday was supposed to be just instore. Bottom line is that with people shopping on line now, Black Friday is no longer just limited to in store shopping. It's always good to blag a deal regardless of what day it is (y) Amazon gets a good hit this time of year ;)

I got these Alpinestars gloves a few weeks ago with £30 off Alpinestars GP Plus Glove - Black Sportsbike shop are really good on price (they have a price match guarantee too) free returns and they have an amazing 365 day return policy :)

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
@LowRyter in Europe we "download" everything from you... even your local problems which is absurd. But I'm more interested in "no VAT" from UK... hmmm, can I buy there and ship to me? 👀 Probably no...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Grossi.BP

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, but I was asking about "Black Friday" in the UK? Which I am learning is a "thing" there even though Thanksgiving isn't.
I knew what you meant John (y)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I knew what you meant John (y)
Yeah, I appreciate your reply.

BTW- Upcoming Thursday is "Turkey Day" here. Although, with Covid, I'm not going to Mom's (+ extended family). Just going to grill lamb crown chops on bbq for my wife & two sons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts