Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member of the forum here.

53 years old, this is bike #37 for me. Decided to slow it down a little, so I went with the SuperSport S.

2018 SuperSport S (Red)
(Extras already installed being a demo bike)
Footrest Set With Rubber Inserts
Comfort Seat
Akrapovič Slipon

Bought it as a demo bike with just over 1,000 miles. $11,195

Think I got a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
@RBasil Welcome!

What a great deal you got! Lots of experienced riders here. Pull up a chair and tell us a tale or two.

What region of the world are you from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently live in Arizona. I'll post more when my office phone is not ringing off the hook.

**** J.O.B. :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm sure you'll love it.

To date, it's still the motorcycle I felt the most gravity from while it was in the garage. Something pulled me to that bike to take it for a ride.

The S1000RR is better in a lot of ways, but it's high-strung, and requires me to be in a different headspace to ride it. The SuperSport was great fun no matter what speed you wanted to ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing I can say after my first day of riding. When the temp gets above 210F holy **** it's hot. I'll have to figure out what to do about it before the next Phoenix summer for sure.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
One thing I can say after my first day of riding. When the temp gets above 210F holy **** it's hot. I'll have to figure out what to do about it before the next Phoenix summer for sure.
It's normal. I found that out on my first ride home and called the dealer. It was 60 degree day. That fan doesn't come on until 212 or something. No worries unless your legs get hot.

You'll notice the dashboard will default to temperature when that happens which might ensue some panic but it's normal.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I ride year-round in Adelaide's "Mediterranean" climate. Hottest ambient I've seen is 47C/ 116F. Dash temp remained at 106C before dropping as them fans did their stuff. Once moving, coolant temperature drops to the low 90Cs.

I'm a bit ATGATT. In summer I wear a summer-weight jacket and pants (a lot of mesh with armour in the right spots) over my work pants (actually Nike golf pants in black) and a polo shirt. While hot, it's not unbearable. I suspect, however, multiple layers acts as an insulating layer.

You can also look at Ducati's cooldown gear. It is remarkable. I have a full suit, for under leathers in hot weather, and a tee for casual riding. Well worth a look at.

As a rule, however, if the forecast is over 40C/ 105F I'll take the car with its perfectly good aircon.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
when the bike is new it sure is Hot but as you rack up the miles it gets better. At 20000k + it’s still warm but not a problem anymore

·
Registered
169 Posts
when the bike is new it sure is Hot but as you rack up the miles it gets better. At 20000k + it’s still warm but not a problem anymore
That or you've cooked the nerves out of your legs :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
I've noticed the same as posted a while back. Interesting thing though, is the water temp seems about the same, but the radiant heat seems much, much less with lots of miles on it now as compared with new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts