Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Ed K 
#1 ·
New member of the forum here.

53 years old, this is bike #37 for me. Decided to slow it down a little, so I went with the SuperSport S.

2018 SuperSport S (Red)
(Extras already installed being a demo bike)
Footrest Set With Rubber Inserts
Comfort Seat
Akrapovič Slipon

Bought it as a demo bike with just over 1,000 miles. $11,195

Think I got a good deal.

#8 ·
I'm sure you'll love it.

To date, it's still the motorcycle I felt the most gravity from while it was in the garage. Something pulled me to that bike to take it for a ride.

The S1000RR is better in a lot of ways, but it's high-strung, and requires me to be in a different headspace to ride it. The SuperSport was great fun no matter what speed you wanted to ride.

#10 ·
It's normal. I found that out on my first ride home and called the dealer. It was 60 degree day. That fan doesn't come on until 212 or something. No worries unless your legs get hot.

You'll notice the dashboard will default to temperature when that happens which might ensue some panic but it's normal.

#11 · (Edited)
I ride year-round in Adelaide's "Mediterranean" climate. Hottest ambient I've seen is 47C/ 116F. Dash temp remained at 106C before dropping as them fans did their stuff. Once moving, coolant temperature drops to the low 90Cs.

I'm a bit ATGATT. In summer I wear a summer-weight jacket and pants (a lot of mesh with armour in the right spots) over my work pants (actually Nike golf pants in black) and a polo shirt. While hot, it's not unbearable. I suspect, however, multiple layers acts as an insulating layer.

You can also look at Ducati's cooldown gear. It is remarkable. I have a full suit, for under leathers in hot weather, and a tee for casual riding. Well worth a look at.

As a rule, however, if the forecast is over 40C/ 105F I'll take the car with its perfectly good aircon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.