Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just received my white Supersport S over the weekend. The bike is mainly a replacement for my wife's S2R800, but we'll both be putting miles on the bike. My main bike is a Multistrada 1200 which I'll keep long term.

I really like this bike so far, it strikes a good balance between comfort/speed/handling. I'm pretty impressed with the usability of the quickshifter and how something so simple really adds to the riding experience. I find that those who criticize the bike for not having enough power probably haven't ridden one and I just don't care, in the end it's a sweet road bike and just what we were looking for.

Now about that fender...

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome and beautiful bike. I find it has the perfect amount of horsepower... more than enough to have fun with and power to move quick if needed but not so much that I accidentally get myself into trouble.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Was that your bike GP was prepping this past Saturday? I was in for my 600 mile service and saw a new Supersport S (white) up on the stand. Congrats to you and your wife.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was that your bike GP was prepping this past Saturday? I was in for my 600 mile service and saw a new Supersport S (white) up on the stand. Congrats to you and your wife.
Probably my bike, we picked it up around noon on Saturday. How's the bike shift after the 600 mile service? I think I've found neutral once so far, but I'm still under 200 miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey, I am also in SD with a new white SS. Be careful of MotoGP not a big fan. One of their floor model white supersports had a nick in the rim. They said they would get it fixed but I asked them to get me a different one. The sale went fine but I visited twice since and they were pretty rude. Looks like the customer service went out the window once I already bought the bike. Anyway check you rear rim, this was about 2 months ago.

Couple tips, neutral is always hard. You just need to be barely moving forward and it slips right in. Also the "false neutral" issue bit me a few times. Moved my shifter down two full rotations and havnt had a problem since. (ps the manual is wrong for the shifter adjustment). Safe riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I am also in SD with a new white SS. Be careful of MotoGP not a big fan. One of their floor model white supersports had a nick in the rim. They said they would get it fixed but I asked them to get me a different one. The sale went fine but I visited twice since and they were pretty rude. Looks like the customer service went out the window once I already bought the bike. Anyway check you rear rim, this was about 2 months ago.

Couple tips, neutral is always hard. You just need to be barely moving forward and it slips right in. Also the "false neutral" issue bit me a few times. Moved my shifter down two full rotations and havnt had a problem since. (ps the manual is wrong for the shifter adjustment). Safe riding.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been happy with GP so far, but it does seem like whenever I go there everyone is pretty busy. I found their best OTD price was fair and realistically that's where I'll have the bike serviced anyways...at least for the first 600mi service. I'd do it myself if I could reset the computer...

Chuck

·
Registered
650 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I've been happy with GP so far, but it does seem like whenever I go there everyone is pretty busy. I found their best OTD price was fair and realistically that's where I'll have the bike serviced anyways...at least for the first 600mi service. I'd do it myself if I could reset the computer...

Chuck
The false neutral seems to go away the more I ride the bike. Pretty detailed description on here about it so take a look. WRT GP, I haven't had any issues with them regarding customer service and I've been going to them for a number of years. Get to know Joe the parts manager, great guy and will help you with whatever you need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey guys!

i bought my white supersport at GP and I really like those guys. they've always been very kind to me.

Spartan1984- i think we got to chat this weekend at GP.

I love this bike and i think the guys at GP gave me a fair deal and i'm psyched about the bike.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I remember you and was a pleasure to chat for a bit. Love my bike also and will definitely be out and about. Ordered additional accessories from them and will be stopping in soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome! - great pic with the color filtering!
-j

·
Registered
39 Posts
The finding neutral really does start to get a bit better with more miles. I'm at 2800 miles (4500 km) and I can even get it into neutral from a stop about half the time now. As someone else said, if you're moving, even very slowly it gets in almost everytime. The false neutrals I haven't had for about 1000 miles now either. She's like a fine wine, gets better with age :wink2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lucky you ! I'd love to ride my SS in San Diego area, or go north following pacific coast...
I've great 'souvenirs' from San Diego, that's paradise when you're coming from Paris.
Bruno

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lucky you ! I'd love to ride my SS in San Diego area, or go north following pacific coast...
I've great 'souvenirs' from San Diego, that's paradise when you're coming from Paris.
Bruno
I've ridden into Paris at night with a GPS that was on the fritz, not a good time. A few years back my wife and I rented bikes in the UK, did Paris, Mont St Michelle, Marseilles, Nice, Monaco, Aiguille du Midi/ Chamonix, then parts of Switzerland and Germany. We stayed with friends in Billiancourt who actually had secure parking.

Chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts