Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first Ducati, went back and forth between the V2 and a pre facelift 950S S which I like the look of better.

Picked up a matte white S, with 800 miles, with a few farkles already done for a song. Got it home today and basically just put the bike to factory settings on the Ohlins suspension, set the tire pressures, and cleaned the bike and reset all the computer settings to default. 100 mile ride on it and found the bars a little low so put on some 15mm risers I had bought already in preparation. Suspension settings were not OEM and far enough that it made a big difference.

Fantastic bike so far, other then the usual suspects. Mirrors are garbage and since it was 90f here in sunny socal today on the coast the seat is a bit toasty. Made a quick heat blanket to put under the seat and went back out and much better even in traffic.

Plans are to paint the fairings in a tricolore pattern and ride the snot out of it. Got to admit I love the "urban" setting on the throttle super smooth and easy to modulate in traffic and "sport" is really fun. Urban is more than enough for the street.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome .... and a great choice of colour too!

Are you going to paint the fairings or get them vinyl wrapped with a tricolour scheme?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought it private party but it came from GP motorcycles originally. Paul is going to kill me when he sees it, he gave me a killer number on a new RS660 that I was mulling over this weekend when I found this.

still going to get a superveloce from him when the 2022s come in with the updated dash and imu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome .... and a great choice of colour too!

Are you going to paint the fairings or get them vinyl wrapped with a tricolour scheme?
Not sure yet. I can paint the bike easy enough I but I may just do it in vinyl this time. I like the inverted colors like they did on the older bikes with the white tank like this and the red front fairing. But I may do the superleggera orange/white in fairing stickers just to be fun. I have a vinyl cutter that I use for doing paint layouts on my racecars so worst case I can fall back on that.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bought it private party but it came from GP motorcycles originally. Paul is going to kill me when he sees it, he gave me a killer number on a new RS660 that I was mulling over this weekend when I found this.

still going to get
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

still going to get a superveloce from him when the 2022s come in with the updated dash and imu.
Good to hear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts