Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

381 - 394 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
What’s up guys, has anyone tried to take out the mini cats inside the QD SHOTGUN exhaust or have any experience?
Mini cats? Are these actual catalysts? Do you have a photo? Is it in the flow path, or at the outer radius?

I will probably buy this system soon, and was already wondering if I wanted to trim up the pipe to solve the clearance issue with the clamp, or just TIG on a loop for springs.

When I finally get one in hand, I'll probably give it a good once over. I need to ask what type of stainless this is as well, so we can modify if I decide to go that route.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mini cats? Are these actual catalysts? Do you have a photo? Is it in the flow path, or at the outer radius?

I will probably buy this system soon, and was already wondering if I wanted to trim up the pipe to solve the clearance issue with the clamp, or just TIG on a loop for springs.

When I finally get one in hand, I'll probably give it a good once over. I need to ask what type of stainless this is as well, so we can modify if I decide to go that route.
They are at the back of the muffler. So when you receive the exhaust in the box if you look at the back at the mufflers you will see a small round honeycomb looking cat in each one which eds up above mentioned are just tad welded to the muffler which sounds pretty easy to do. I don’t have a photo at the moment though sorry......as far as the clamp hitting the swimg arm, I just turned the clamp around more so it clears it now.... I don’t know the type of steel used though. If you email QD directly they will answer any questions like that pretty fast and they work with you if any problems occur. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I removed the cats from the cans the other day, they are bigger than I thought but very easy to remove with a dremel type tool as they are only tacked into place

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone tried to heat-wrap the exhaust to make up for the missing heat shield?
I will be getting my QD Gunshot soon and thought that might be a good idea....might look cool as well....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Has anyone tried to heat-wrap the exhaust to make up for the missing heat shield?
I will be getting my QD Gunshot soon and thought that might be a good idea....might look cool as well....
Each to their own I guess. I think it looks absolutely foul :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Each to their own I guess. I think it looks absolutely foul :eek:

But just wrapping the part near the shock to keep the temperature down will not be very noticeable I think.
I think I'll have a try when I mount my exhaust, it arrived yesterday. :grin2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's a good question about the belly pan.

I think I've seen pics on this forum of an SS with a QD and a belly pan but not sure it's the same one you're talking about.

Does anyone know if a belly pan works with the Termi D181? or seen any pics?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Update for the QD Gunshot 60.

I have a message saying that the db killer, ESE, and (hopefully) warranty card are in the mail, with an ETA of tomorrow.

Bellisimoto really stepped, if all shows up tomorrow, in getting QD to make a db killer, and supply an ESE. This is a "Race Only" exhaust. Bellisimoto advertised it incorrectly, but are working hard to make it right.

On the Ducati.ms site there is a thread for db for MTS aftermarket exhaust. I checked my '14 MTS with Mivv Suono, and decided to check the SS with QD Gunshot 60 and decat, no db killer (yet). 97 db at idle, and 105 db at 2000 rpm. Thats significantly louder than the MTS without db killer.

Still, I like it. Its not too obnoxious, nice deep rumble (until you open it up)

Once/if I get the db killer in I'll report back, hopefully with video.

381 - 394 of 394 Posts