Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just arrived on this site after setting my sights on getting a Supersport next year (hopefully). The site is proving a great resource for info (good and bad - those [email protected]@dy mirrors!) to help make a very informed purchase. I find I often know more than the dealer after visiting the site! After selling my old-school VFR800 Fi ('98) a couple of years ago, I've been looking for a replacement. The new VFR is too heavy, and I've never liked the VTEC. I've tried lots of different sportsbikes - but too over the bars for my aged frame. I've tried more tourey types like the Kawasaski 1000S, and one Adventure (really didn't like it). For me the Supersport really hits the spot. They really need to sort the mirrors tho.... Hopefully an aftermarket company will come up with the answer......

Keep it up and many thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you still have 2 kidneys, could make it this year!

Reactions: Ed K and viffviff99

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Welcome Viff! As you might have already noticed, there are a number of Forum members who have or had VFRs.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as you can see I'm in the East Mids too, NW Leicestershire. Amongst my many bikes I too had an 800 pre Vtech VFR.

The Supersport is stunning, I'm knocking on in years too (been riding bikes for over fifty five years). The mirrors are annoying but would not put me off, the rest of the bike is so d4mn good. I just love mine.

Have you tested one? There is a work round which is shut off the throttle as you pull in the clutch, the mirrors stop vibrating almost instantly, only takes a fraction of a second.

I got mine from Ducati Nottingham whom I recommend, Ducati Coventry are also very very good with lots of history and experience.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome viffviff99,

I had a vfr 800 f 2014 which is a very good touring bike but too heavy for me.

My lovely red 3S is my adult toy of every day , WE and small trips with partner.

Reactions: Ed K and viffviff99

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all the welcomes. Looking forwards to learning more about the SS, and hopefully getting my own in the new year..!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Yes, welcome to our community. Feel free to join in, ask questions, and browse around. Glad you're here and look forward to your comments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts