Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m Lord Farquad, a serial Ducati owner from the North West. I’ve owned a M1000Sie, 2 Multistrada DVTs and a Scrambler 1100 (amount many, many other bikes). I’ve just picked up my latest, a 950 SuperSport in drop dead Red. I’ve already added some decals, Evo Tech Levers and miles to my new steed.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
let us know how you compare this one to all your other Ducatis and which one is your favorite.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They’ve all had their pros and cons. Up to now the first Multistrada I had (a Red 2017 DVT base model) had probably been my favourite. Unfortunately it was stolen and it’s replacement (a White 2018 DVT S) was a better bike, but we never gelled. The Multistrada 1200 is an epic bike, brilliant at so many things, but the latest SuperSport is more agile and looks better. When I started out biking in the nineties the 916 was released and was my bedroom poster bike. The 950 has similar levels of performance in a modern package. It’s a real looker too. I find myself going out of my way to get sneak peeks at it. I can’t wait to get to know it better.

·
Super Moderator
7,604 Posts
@Lord Farquad Welcome! Very glad you joined us! Beautiful bike!

I see you have AVS levers (popular with Forum Members), amongst other goodies!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The levers are Evotech folding ones. They’re so much nicer than the OEM ones. I also had the bar ends and pillion peg delete plates off Evotech. Together with some rim and front fender decals, these small additions seem to finish it off well. A tail tidy appeals but the amount of crud thrown up already has put me off a bit.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
@Lord Farquad. The lady sitting in the background at the Dealers is Anna, the one who bought my old 939S and sold me the 950S. I picked it up last Saturday 22 May. Small world. Did she get you to pose for a photo with the bike outside? Whereabouts do you live? Your original posts says the NW and you travelled to Woods of Abergele, so I'd gues the Wirral?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Lord Farquad. The lady sitting in the background at the Dealers is Anna, the one who bought my old 939S and sold me the 950S. I picked it up last Saturday 22 May. Small world. Did she get you to pose for a photo with the bike outside? Whereabouts do you live? Your original posts says the NW and you travelled to Woods of Abergele, so I'd gues the Wirral?
Correct on all counts. Anna has fleeced me for several bikes now (Ducati and Triumph)......she always manages to make me famous with a pic next to the new bike. In all honesty I’ve had good service from Woods. Manchester is just as far to travel for me, but if I go to Woods for service I get to ride a loan bike around the best roads in N Wales.
I do indeed live on Wirral and commute daily through Liverpool City Centre.
Anna was telling me about your bike when I picked mine up. They arrived together but you had the wheels done so I collected mine first.

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
252 Posts
Congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Correct on all counts. Anna has fleeced me for several bikes now (Ducati and Triumph)......she always manages to make me famous with a pic next to the new bike. In all honesty I’ve had good service from Woods. Manchester is just as far to travel for me, but if I go to Woods for service I get to ride a loan bike around the best roads in N Wales.
I do indeed live on Wirral and commute daily through Liverpool City Centre.
Anna was telling me about your bike when I picked mine up. They arrived together but you had the wheels done so I collected mine first.
May see you around...I’m on the wirral too.
Was born and brought up in Irby. Live just outside Welshpool in Mid Wales now. Some amazing roads around where I live particularly the A483 from Newtown to Crossgates.

Reactions: Lord Farquad

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the beauty of working shifts meant I got to enjoy the sun today, and the roads around North Wales.
It really loves sport mode on the A & B roads.
4hrs in the saddle and no complaints.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It’s not often my days off coincide with such glorious riding conditions (weather and traffic flow).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I did say to Anna before she took the photo that I needed to comb my hair ;)

That photo wasn't on there yesterday when I posted yours 😅

1 - 20 of 32 Posts