Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Always wanted a Ducati and never thought I could handle one. Seeing how they progressed and just look so amazing now, years later I think I'm ready. Had a Ninja 650 a few years ago, got off the bike due to not having enough time to ride it around.

Well, things have changed and it seems like one of these would be quite attainable, especially with a price around $15k (dealer markup). Gotta wait until April at earliest but this should be interesting. :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
You sure you ready to step on a 939? I mean.. these are some intense toys ;)

Just fooling with yah. Really happy that the 939 looks almost no different from the 989 panigale as they are just to die for. Do you plan on buying one as soon as they're released or are you going to wait a while?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome, have you ordered your Supersport yet?

Steve

Since you seem to be one of the first UK members here did you or anyone you know place an order? Been mostly seeing US and Canadian guys here.

In for knowing which dealer you ordered from... want to follow them on social media

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not ordered mine as of yet, gonna wait it out a bit longer as I have some unexpected things to tend to. Hopefully I'll push through em' quick through and get on one !

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have not ordered mine as of yet, gonna wait it out a bit longer as I have some unexpected things to tend to. Hopefully I'll push through em' quick through and get on one !
Maybe you'll be escaping some issues in the process of that, hopefully that's not going to be the case for the rest of us jumping in at the first opportunity to get one.

Approximately when do you think you'll get the ball rolling?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I could probably understand the escaping issues thing if lots of the components that make up the new Supersport were new. But there's little thats brand new on this bike. There's things that are different but a trellis frame is a trellis frame it may not exist currently in its new form but there's potentially little risk for this bike.
Had it included lots of new untested tech I wouldnt have been at the front of the queue.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I could probably understand the escaping issues thing if lots of the components that make up the new Supersport were new. But there's little thats brand new on this bike. There's things that are different but a trellis frame is a trellis frame it may not exist currently in its new form but there's potentially little risk for this bike.
Had it included lots of new untested tech I wouldnt have been at the front of the queue.
I second that

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest, I haven't seen any new information on the SS for a while. No reviews, nothing at all. Really want to wait and see some info first. Along with that, I still haven't really gotten through everything I need to.. it's like a surprise every darn week

·
Registered
137 Posts
To be honest, I haven't seen any new information on the SS for a while. No reviews, nothing at all. Really want to wait and see some info first. Along with that, I still haven't really gotten through everything I need to.. it's like a surprise every darn week
I know what you mean. All I have been able to find are First Look articles which only complement what you can get from a spec sheet. Still great for someone not as well versed in Ducati's:

The 2017 Ducati SuperSport Is The Sportbike For You Everyday Riders | Cycle World

·
Registered
524 Posts
I know what you mean. All I have been able to find are First Look articles which only complement what you can get from a spec sheet. Still great for someone not as well versed in Ducati's:

The 2017 Ducati SuperSport Is The Sportbike For You Everyday Riders | Cycle World
There have been a few changes since the bike was first shown. The molded-in-black/red fairing on the base model was canceled when Ducati realized that was a mistake. Also, Ducati has slowly been adding accessories to the Supersport model - see the Ducati website.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Slowly things are coming up here and there but not a lot of people are posting pieces on it. Just gotta stay attentive and spend a few minutes every few days looking around. Otherwise, just gotta wait for official words. As soon as it gets out for testing and what not, youtube will be filled with videos lol

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I havent ordered yet but I am starting to talk to the 2 dealers in my area about availability and pricing.

I have been riding both dirt and street for 25 years. I currently own a Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk which has served me well but it is time to upgrade. My past bikes prior to that were several CBR600's, VFR750 and a Suzuki RR600. I almost bought a new Honda Interceptor (VFR) last year but something told me to wait. I was torn between that and the Multistrada but as time went on , the MS grew uglier to me. Then last summer I saw the leaked photos of the SS and I was hooked. I always like the Honda VFR but what bothered me is that they havent come out with a new one in the past 2 years. There are Honda dealers selling new 2015 Interceptors for $8k! Tempting but it is already 2 years old, has less power and it weighs about 80lbs more than the SS.

Looking forward to sharing information and stories in here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I too have been starving for information on this new model. I have been pestering my local Dealer, but they don't have any information on the bike and don't know when they will get one. I understand from a Ducati rep at the Chicago show that there will be a dealer a bit further away from me that will have a demo bike in mid to late March, so I plan to call up there to get in line to ride it.

My initial thought was to wait a year on this, since the last time I bought a new vehicle it was a first model year Saturn with a first year engine and it bit be. Twice. Never again I thought. But then I learned that the engine on this Duc is from the Hyper, brakes Brembo, suspension on the S model is Ohlins, and a typical Ducati trellis frame. The individual parts are likely well sorted out, so as long as Ducati puts them together with care this should be okay. At least that is what I am telling myself now, only time will tell if it works out that way.

Patrick

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings from Australia

Hi guys, like everyone here I also am eagerly awaiting the first reviews and test rides of the SS. There is no exact date for in store arrival in Australia but a dealer I spoke to says a shipment is due in the country on the 5th of March. The SS is being marketed as an every day bike, I just hope Ducati can deliver every day reliability. Thats what it is going to take for me to hand over my hard earned cash....

cheers,
Bane.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi guys, like everyone here I also am eagerly awaiting the first reviews and test rides of the SS. There is no exact date for in store arrival in Australia but a dealer I spoke to says a shipment is due in the country on the 5th of March. The SS is being marketed as an every day bike, I just hope Ducati can deliver every day reliability. Thats what it is going to take for me to hand over my hard earned cash....

cheers,
Bane.
Hi Mate, do you know which city this shipment is intended for? I sincerely hope it's Melbourne!!:grin2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts