Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my SuperSport with factory heated grips as I like to ride in summer gloves all year round ( I avoid anywhere that's actually cold but sometimes you get caught in 10C and rain...) and the ones on my Hyperstrada are brilliant - nicely integrated, high is HOT and low/medium very usable.

Different story on the SuperSport: Low is bearly noticeable (I had to stop and remove my gloves to be convinced they were on) and high is, well, just quite warm. This on a 15C morning with a bit of fog. To say the least, disappointing for 360€ fitted....

I've dug around these forums and most seem to think they're a bit pathetic but there are a couple of reports of the high setting being 'too hot'. I can't imagine that happening! Before I give in and fit some Daytonas is there a chance its a software problem? Has anyone done any tests?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Mine are quite warm and I can only use the high setting if the temp is well below 10C. Is there a chance your wiring connections aren't all nice and tight?

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
411 Posts
My hands are getting nice and toasty on medium settings at around 12°C ambient temperature. Never needed to even try the high setting.

Reactions: Boe

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
The only time I felt the heated grips were struggling the temperature was -2c (30F). They are usually too hot above 10C.

They only heat inside the hand, upper surfaces can still get cold, so you need a glove with thinsulate…

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,761 Posts
The heated grips on my bike are pretty crap as well. The ones on my Scrambler are much better and when I had the MTS1200 I could never turn them up past medium, they were so hot (probably why a lot of the 1st generation ones burnt out). I'm fairly sure that all the connections are good. I might just measure the resistance of the grips and the voltage at the connectors to see what they should be producing. The MTS grips were connected in series. I don't know if this is the case with the Supersport, but probably.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The heated grips on my bike are pretty crap as well. The ones on my Scrambler are much better and when I had the MTS1200 I could never turn them up past medium, they were so hot (probably why a lot of the 1st generation ones burnt out). I'm fairly sure that all the connections are good. I might just measure the resistance of the grips and the voltage at the connectors to see what they should be producing. The MTS grips were connected in series. I don't know if this is the case with the Supersport, but probably.
Thanks for the input. Nice to know others have hot grips. Clearly something isn't right. I'll check the connections, resistance and (if pracical) voltage.

Re: the other suggestions I've used heated grips for 30 years and am familiar with their limitations. Its not a gloves (they work on my other bikes) or an expectations issue. My SuperSport grips just aren't getting past warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts